Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Is this a horn chirp? I'll have to look into mine. I have no chirp.

·
Registered
939 Posts
The teacher becomes the teachee. Thanks Brian. Maybe I should do like I suggest our customers do and "RTFM"

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
New problem with radio...

I got home the other day, shut off the engine and radio was still on. I touched the power button. Radio still on. REstarted engine. Touched the power button. Radio still on. Shut off the engine again. Radio still on. touched power button. Radio still on. I called the dealer and he told me to press the buttons on the steering wheel. I said what buttons? He said the ones that control the radio. I told him I don't have buttons. Just a horn button and paddles behind the steering wheel. He asked if I was sure there are no other buttons. I said yes, I'm sitting inside looking at the steering wheel. He goes to a metris on the lot. Ultimately, walks me through the radio controls to the 'system reset' command. The radio shuts OFF finally. Been ok since............

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
It's a cargo van. There's only so much noise insulation available in a big metal box without insulation (read: space taken up). The partition would help you. Putting noise insulating foam and a cloth cover over it on the inside of the cabin would help even better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Melting Dashboard

The heat is causing the thinner parts of the dashboard to droop . I put it away in the garage yesterday and will advise . This could be a huge issue for cracking etc down the road

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
bad steering module already...

You can follow my other posts about 'Metris piece of crap'. I will add this to this section as well to think about. Due to a bad steering module, I couldn't shift into Drive. I had to have it flatbedded to the dealer. Because the tranny can't be put into Neutral, the car was DRAGGED out of the parking spot, wheels locked, skidding across the pavement far enough for the hook operator to turn the car to flatbed it. I had it backed into a parking space against a curb/hillside. The hook operator tried placing nylon pads in front of the tires to lesson the friction, but didn't really do much at all. rubber marks across the asphalt. I started it and turned the wheel to help guide it out of the spot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thing i don't like on my metric is
-how the side mirrors are small. i am used to driving vans. i have driven vans for the past 5 years . but metric has the worst side mirrors with bad blind spots. planning to add a convex mirror on them.
- hate the fact electircal side mirror is an option. i got to adjust those mirrors all the time.
- cup holder is too wide.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not many complaints with my 2020 126" cargo van.

Can't seem to come up with a good efficient "graceful" technique to enter or exit the van. Just awkward getting in or out of the van.

Driver seat slightly tilted down at the front. Short trips not a problem but with longer trips starts to get to me. Admittedly I have not bothered to look if there is an adjustment to address this. I will be making a long trip in the van sometime soon and before I head out I'll look into this seat adjustment thing.

Back up camera contrast has parking space lines washed out. Sure it doesn't help where I live the apartment parking space lines are a very faint/weathered yellow color. But the contrast could be better. Not a negative just the opposite but the rear view mirrors are pretty darn good which helps mitigate the back up camera's less than ideal contrast.

I know I bought a cargo van but I really do not like having the bare metal (albeit painted) walls exposed. (For the painted and slick floor I bought a 4'x6' area carpet. Could not find a 4'x8' carpet.) I would prefer to at least have cargo van walls covered with some generic plain paneling to give the area a more "finished" look. Also I miss the divide between the cabin and the cargo area. This would go a way in helping keep the cabin quieter -- though the van is not that noisy -- and helping the A/C keep the cabin cool. The A/C seems to be pretty good but it would be better if the cargo area was relatively sealed off from the cabin area.

Did not get a factory tow package. Bought the car off the lot and I thought I could add the tow hitch later but the process appears complex and fraught with things that could go wrong and expensive too boot.

Cup holder in center of dash lets my thermos tilt over.

The clock display in the LCD of the center stack is nearly invisible. And I wish there was a way to display outside temperature in the other corner. 'course it would not be visible either...

Automatic headlight sensor too sensitive. Even in the middle of the day under a carport with the van in the carport's shade the headlights come on when I start the car or when after being out I return and pull under the carport. And if I bring the van to a stop under freeway overpasses the headlights come on. Annoying.

A bit sensitive to cross winds. Yeah, it is a van and has the surface area of a barn door but still...

Even so overall I am very pleased with the van.

Have just over 1500 miles and the engine is perking right up. Letting engine rev higher. Feeding the engine 91 octane ethanol free gasoline (at around $2.14/gallon!). Not sure if the ethanol free makes a difference but it just "feels" better to me.

Dealer service department is superb. Took van in for an early oil/filter service with around 1K miles on the van. Got only a bit of push back -- mainly the SA pointing out the 1st service was not due until 15K miles (and the service due display agreed with this). I thanked the SA for this info but insisted in a polite way I wanted the service done that it was my habit to have this done early for all my new vehicles.

The SA did not offer any objection or argument but got right down to business and got the van paperwork prepared promptly -- I had booked an appointment online -- and before I had time to get a coffee from the machine the van was already back in the service area. In just an hour the van was done. Cost was a bit "high" at around $180. By way of comparison my Hellcat's oil/filter service runs around $140. (However, I used to pay -- please don't tell M-B -- nearly $400 for an oil/filter service for my Porsche cars. But that is one reason when while I owned 3 Porsches I did not buy a 4th.) At any rate I was quite pleased with the service and relieved as well for a I feared an inflexible or just downright customer hostile service department.

Based on my M-B Metris van experience I'm considering selling or trading in the Hellcat and buying another M-B this time a car.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts