Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Contrary to popular belief, dinosaurs do still exist — and they’ve only grown mightier and more fierce as time goes on. At least that’s the case when examining the unusual Mercedes-Benz G-Class, a vehicle paleontologists might describe as the coelacanth of the SUV market.

Based on a prehistoric military design that was never actually intended to make it into civilian hands, the G-Class (or G-Wagen as it was known for much of its existence) has defied conventional wisdom to remain a popular touchstone for the German brand despite being remarkably out of step not just with the rest of the Mercedes-Benz showroom, but the entire automotive market.

Let’s look at how the Mercedes-Benz G-Class climbed out of the primordial ooze and hung around for 40 nearly years, making friends and building a reputation as being both an unstoppable off-road warrior and nouveau-riche fashion accessory.
Read more about The Road Travelled: History of the Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
939 Posts
We had a customer buy one for his 16 YEAR OLD !! wtf people.

·
Registered
401 Posts
If you I got the money go for it I would do the same for my daughter if I could swing 120 for car and not make a dent in my finances safety first but for a working class person like my self I’ll spend the 120 for a family car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dude, the ideal car for a 16 year old is a 240D.
My first car when I was '17, was a '58 220S. I bought it cheap with a blown clutch. I sold it to buy a '66 Chevy C10 Panel Truck, so I could haul my dirt bike. A bit of a downgrade! I still got to drive my dad's '69 BMW 2002 though!

The '18 Metris is going to bring me full circle 46 years later and merge the two together. I went with Navy Blue, because the Chevy was Fleet Blue.

Sorry for the Hijack!>:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts