Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
I few weird things about that van. The 4th rail is short so you can't put two captains chairs in the 3rd row. Weird. It's an obvious hack. Interesting that this dealer has it listed as new. The center console looks like a V class. Chinese Tesla style radio conversion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@pounce that's the one. I think I saw about $54k out the door price with $8k in upgrades and something else.

I believe it is brand new with those dealer (or a 3rd party) installed modifications.

That screen does look tacky but the seats and console look pretty nice. I think those are factory Vito captains chairs right?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yes, but there is risk for that dealer because those seats and that rail install are not north america seats. I wish some of those android units were better made. All of them have low specs and in practice will suck. You also have little control over the firmware and the screens aren't really designed for the kind of abuse you have in cars.

Makes little sense to install a short 4th rail. If they had put the full rail in you could have had 4 captains chairs. Depending on rails you can also do the Marco Polo rear sleeper bench.

With only those seats and that silly Android deck it's nowhere near the upfit price value you mention. Someone is going to get taken and then have to live with potentially (just a risk) dangerous seats and a headunit that wont be covered under warranty.

I have no issues with an individual taking this route and support the creativity, but not with a dealer. Dealers should know better and I have serious doubts that this upfit was executed by an authorized upfitter.

I want one of those consoles though. If it's the refrigerated one they are pretty expensive when you find them on the used market. Think I saw one for 3k recently.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks AWESOME!
The question most of us have is where di you acquire them, how much and how easy or difficult to install? Thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks AWESOME!
The question most of us have is where did you acquire them, how much and how easy or difficult to install? Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger w/ Factory Tow Pkg.
1 Posts

2018 Metris Passenger. We bought it to use in our Executive Car business. Now due to COVID-19 and travel restrictions, we sold off the business and kept the Metris. We’re planning on doing the snowbird thing Autumn of 2021, towing an R-Pod Model 178.

181 - 197 of 197 Posts