Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since they changed the internal battery of the Navigation system.

I've noticed it's not losing time anymore along with the Nav starting up much quicker after they changed the internal battery so I guess they use the same power source.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or just an coincidence. I don't think the clock needs much power to run properly, so I guess they poked something related to it and it's accurate now.

They also updated the firmware of the Navi and may be the GPS is syncing with the clock. I'll pay attention when DST changing next time around as we know the clock is still using the old DST. I'll know for sure on the last weekend of October this year.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think that the navigation (Becker) is completely independent of the rest of the van. It is a navigation module with its own internal battery that is supposed to charge once plugged into the harness in the glove box. I believe that you can change the time in the instrument cluster and nothing is connected via satellite or otherwise for time-keeping (like the passenger cars are.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Puzzled for sure. My van was delivered without the Becker Module that plugs in the glove box. My clock worked. Unsure if it ran slow at the time, as I went back within a few days to get the forgot Becker Module. Did they, I assume the dealer change a battery in the module? If so do you think it is a battery that can be changed by the owner? What circumstances did you take your van to the dealer? More than just a slow battery I assume. Did they charge to upgrade the Becker Module?

Sorry, but I'm trying to figure things out with your post.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think that the navigation (Becker) is completely independent of the rest of the van. It is a navigation module with its own internal battery that is supposed to charge once plugged into the harness in the glove box. I believe that you can change the time in the instrument cluster and nothing is connected via satellite or otherwise for time-keeping (like the passenger cars are.)
Yes my van is the same. Every few days I go through the setting in the instrument cluster to reprogram my time and there is no setting for satellite time. I have updated my Becker module a few months ago. I don't think the two have anything in common.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Clock In Instrument Cluster Is Fast Or Slow; LI54.30-N-062852
447: GP 54.30 CAUSE / EXPLANATION: Clock in instrument cluster displays incorrect time (Fast or slow). Software fault in Instrument Cluster. CORRECTION: A remedy is currently being developed. As soon as a remedy is available, you will be notified in a new version of LI54.30-N-062852. IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not replace any parts!!!
Commercial Vans

1 - 7 of 7 Posts