Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2020 cargo 126wb
273 Posts
Mine is a 2020 cargo (7-speed). It has 13K miles on it. I absolutely love the way the trans helps you slow down by downshifting (I always use the “C” setting). The tach is your friend. I think if this didn’t happen there would be even more brake dust on the wheels :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, someone has encountered such a problem as bumps or bumps when braking. This problem appeared 2 days ago. Every time I hit the brake during a normal trip at a traffic light or just make a full stop, there is a jolt. How do you deal with this and is there a solution? My mileage is only 1200 miles. I don't even know what it could be, or the braking system is arranged like that, or it's not a malfunction of the car. annoying:(
I know my van is not a Metrics. I have a 2020 Ford Transit Connect. I had an issue like this as well. I would put on the brakes and as I slowed down I would have a hard hit, jerk. This went on for a few weeks. I thought it was the brakes. I had no lights indicating a problem. Long story short, the transmission had to be replaced. 97,000 miles as I am a courier. I changed the transmission fluid every 30,000-35,000 miles.
I know they aren't the same but I would have service check it out. I had a service contract, so my cost was 100.00.

·
Registered
Metris cargo van 2021
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Another problem was identified, when descending from the mountain, the engine speed rises to 5000 thousand per minute, is this normal? I signed up for a dealer on November 24, I can't wait for the diagnosis.

The tremors during braking have not disappeared, there is always a very noticeable crunch when stopping completely.

·
Registered
Metris cargo van 2021
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
My 2021 Getaway would occasionally "lurch/rock" when at a full stop at a red light. It felt a bit like being softly rear ended. I took it to the dealer and nothing was found/replicated. It stopped after <2000 miles.
They repaired your car or gave you a new one. Sorry, I don't understand the intricacies of the dealer's work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2019 cargo van also noticeably lurches (occasionally) when the transmission automatically downshifts in “C” mode from 3rd to 2nd gear while coming to a stop. I know it’s only between those two gears because as soon as the lurch happens, I’ll switch to “M” mode right away to see the gear I’m in — 2nd gear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2021 has the 9 speed and surging on takeoff and downshifting abruptness were the first drivability "issues". I only have 375 miles so my transmission may still be adapting but I figure it's due to more downshifts and a low first gear (especially compared to my 4Runner with a 5 speed). If I am easier on both pedals not so bad. Not sure if it's the shift to 2nd or 1st that's most apparent, but as one who is a smooth driver, it's been initially annoying. I don't sense it as anything wrong in my case.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts