Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just researched some touchscreen, satelite, android, DV, Nav, radio options and came across this new gigantic : TESLA-STYLE VERTICAL SCREEN ANDROID NAVI RADIO FOR MERCEDES-BENZ VITO METRIS 2016 2017.
I wonder if anybody here on this forum has looked into it or even installed one yet?
It looks like you will loose the cupholders to install the clima and botton array in that area. Not the worst thing for me but wonder how functional the controls will be in that position? Also wonder if it even works with the factory installed steering controls, back up cam etc & how the entire screen interface and graphic will look like for the Metris/vito? what kind of information will be displayed about the van etc..
hope we will see some reviews and test results on this soon.

https://phoenixandroidradios.com/collections/tesla-style-vertical-screen/products/12-1-tesla-style-vertical-screen-android-navi-radio-for-mercedes-benz-vito-2016-2017

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've actually been researching doing something like this DIY. This is a great find! Very tempting.. only problem is usually poor quality of these Chinese type units... both in interface bugs as well as durability.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I am in e mail communication with the guys from phoenixandriodradios. They responded immediately , sent some more info and confirmed that the cup holder kit to relocate the controls is included. I asked them for a manual, which they sent..BUT its only available in Chinese. He said he will translate it soon;)
Told them that I will wait with any order until I have seen some reviews and video of install... here the response:

It's harder to get those for your specific car due to the fact that it's a rarer and more expensive car. We just did that for Civic. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82mxzWcLvN49piBJgsCuR0TFdfws9y6n

Like I said, the installation is not complicated. It's mostly plug and play. Most buyers so far did the installations by themselves. We can also provide live help through Messenger or Whatsapp. As to the features, you can have a look at the videofor Civic. Mostly, it's just different interface. We also have an extra module that can realize android auto and carplay.

Sincerely,

Best regards,

Phoenix Android Radios
PO Box 6267
Beverly Hills, California US 90212

·
Registered
939 Posts
Cool, first guy to buy one, send me pics of the back of the stock headunit.

·
Registered
470 Posts
My cupholders are more important. :0

·
Registered
939 Posts
To be fair, you have another in the door, then also on top of the dash...

·
Registered
470 Posts
To be fair, you have another in the door, then also on top of the dash...
Fair indeed, but driver side dash is occupied by smartphone holder and door is way too low to grab-n-chug. Looking forward to the first member here to have this installed and give their opinion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
let me know if you have a unit here in beverly Hills I would like to test one on my metris

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know this is an older threat but I just checked back on this manufacturer while looking if there are any aftermarket Apple Play Tablet options are out there for the Vito / Metris.
There are now two vids out that at least explain the function and components of this kit. It looks like it has a lot to offer and I wouldn't mind placing the AC controls in the cup holder area. But as long as there is not a install video and a customer review out there , I think I stay away. Too much money for something that might not work ...
Plus I rather would like to find a way to mount a I pad to the dash and use apple play in the Vito, like my wife has in her new speedy little GLE;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I know this, about 500 usd for the 12.1 inch. But it may works good in the beginning. Looks like will slow down after a year. Yes, very easy install, more like plug and play. You can diy it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Many of the common auto android apps are not built for portrait mode. I can imagine that limiting the apps available. I'm guessing the install base for this would be so small that the support would be questionable and updates unlikely. I want to really like it because its cool, but honestly, it would be better to get one of the more common Android head units unless you were a person that can throw around money and change your head unit and dash on a whim. There are people like that. People with too much cash exist.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I read some reviews in Chinese, the 12.1 inch big pad works. However, the screen is not designed for car. And if you look at it form driver side. It may have poor view in day time. That’s the most problem so far. The angel is not right. The most good thing is, if you add more options, four camera. You can get 360 bird view.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone explored this further or have any new info? Just came across this. Looks soooo cool but I've read the concerns above which all seem significant. Wondering if the model has been improved in any ways. Think I'm going to call Phoenix next week and ask them about some of the things you guys have posted - warranty, upgrades, visibility, Android app display compatibility.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts