Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Metris cargo van, USPS. The temperature control knob broke off so maintenance replaced the tempmatic module. Now the only control that function correctly is fan speed. The lights for AC, Defrost, recirculate, and vent positions all come on but nothing changes. Air only blows into the footwells and it is only ambient engine compartment temperature. No AC when the temp knob is turned down, no heat when the knob is turned up.

Ideas? Commiserations?

·
Super Moderator
273 Posts
2020 Metris cargo van, USPS. The temperature control knob broke off so maintenance replaced the tempmatic module. Now the only control that function correctly is fan speed. The lights for AC, Defrost, recirculate, and vent positions all come on but nothing changes. Air only blows into the footwells and it is only ambient engine compartment temperature. No AC when the temp knob is turned down, no heat when the knob is turned up.

Ideas? Commiserations?
There are three separate harness connectors on the back. One might not be plugged in all the way.

·
Super Moderator
273 Posts
Perhaps the new climate control unit requires SCN coding to work. It's hard to tell from the workshop manual. After replacing the unit, the manual would have you "connect diagnostic system and carry out initial startup of A/C control and operating unit," but the instructions it references are just checking for trouble codes.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I love how most everyone here on these forums are trying to solve a problem and help each other. The one thing I can't help but wonder is how a few USPS mail carriers have turned to the Metris forum to find assistance. That's completely alright and usually the best person to take care of a problem is one self, but what kind of service assistance does USPS provide to their employees? This might be more of an industry secret but I wonder what it takes to keep such a huge fleet of Metrises going. Surely with all the miles that USPS track, there will be lots of learnings that could help the whole community of Metris owners. I wish I could provide more helpful comments but I could only think about checking the connections, which has already been suggested and checked. I hope you get your AC going soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts