Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just had my 2017 cargo at MB dealership to handle 3 recalls, the carrier bearing bolts, battery cover, and fuel leak...
Next day the windshield wipers and squirters don't work.
Did they forget to connect something? Fuse? Reset? Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Likely one of the above you mentioned. I would take it back, unless that’s a huge hassle, in which case check the fuse first.
You know which fuse it is?
Yeah I guess I'm in some kinda beef with the service manager, I've contacted his voice mail, texted him and talked to a woman there, 6 different attempts in 5 days. No call back. He seemed cool at the time, maybe it's me. This point I hopefully never return to MB service center, or find a great one closer to home.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Did you happen to notice what they did on the passenger seat battery cover recall? I have a seat swivel installed and I doubt they will remove it to do the recall, so if I must get it done I am going to need to add a couple hours of my labor (which I'd like to avoid) to reinstall the factory seat mounts.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Did you happen to notice what they did on the passenger seat battery cover recall? I have a seat swivel installed and I doubt they will remove it to do the recall, so if I must get it done I am going to need to add a couple hours of my labor (which I'd like to avoid) to reinstall the factory seat mounts.
The dealer would not do the recall, as expected, with my aftermarket seat swivels installed. I didn't want to remove the swivels in case the recall fix might interfere with the seat swivel. So I went with the universal engineering solution: duct tape. I did use black to class it up a bit.

·
Registered
899 Posts
The dealer would not do the recall, as expected, with my aftermarket seat swivels installed. I didn't want to remove the swivels in case the recall fix might interfere with the seat swivel. So I went with the universal engineering solution: duct tape. I did use black to class it up a bit. View attachment 18053 View attachment 18054
Did you ask the dealer if they would give or sell the recall fix part?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Did you ask the dealer if they would give or sell the recall fix part?
Yeah. Answer: Each recall fix kit comes with paperwork the dealer has to file that attests to, and documents, the installation of the recall fix on a specific vin#. Liability. So, no, they won't let them go out without doing the install themselves.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts