Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

281 - 283 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats! I'm guessing you stuck with regular dealer service beyond the oil changes? Any unusual items? I'm jealous as mine sits mostly while I wait for time to play.
Yes, every service has been from the dealer. When I bought it new, they offered a lifetime oil change for "free" by paying $1,300 at purchase. I've certainly come out ahead on that deal. I'll hit 224,000 next week!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, that super advanced turbo charged 4 cylinder that only manages to squeak out 20 miles per gallon! Haha
And your right, the Metris is a great 26,000 dollar van that beats the competition. But, when a passenger version Metris approaches $50,000. It would be foolish to buy one. Unless, you enjoy paying for $1000 brake jobs every 30,000 miles while sipping expresso at the local MB dealership.
My first brake job was at 89,000 miles!

·
Registered
192 Posts
In relation to brakes. I just had my 2016 passenger in for it's fourth yearly service at 44,000 miles now. Brake pads show 7mm front and rear, service advisor says 11 mm is the thickness when new. I don't know what thickness calls for replacement, but at this rate I would think I should see at least 80,000 miles before replacement is necessary. Service advisor mentioned that MB uses rear brake application for the lane keeping feature and for the adaptive cruise control. Some of MB's vehicles are needing rear pad replacement before 10,000 miles. :oops: He said it depends a lot on how you drive the vehicle.

281 - 283 of 283 Posts