I'm not sure. None of the stock euro photos I went through showed the front passenger chair swivelled around. The first row of rear seating yes....
Indeed and if they get into camping upfits at the dealer level it will be available. But NA dealers have typically shied away from that and left the responsibility to aftermarket companies. Maybe Winnebago will do one...Rather than a V-Class or Vito feature, I believe the swivel seats are exclusive to the Marco Polo version. Here's a picture of a 2016 Marco Polo with the driver's swivel seat:
I got tired of waiting for a Metris-specific swivel seat base to appear in the U.S. so I took a chance and ordered one designed for Sprinters, knowing it might need a few mods or that it might not work at all.I was speaking with a local upfitter that works mainly on Sprinters. He speculated that the after marker swivel for Sprinter seats might work in a Metris....
Great Job! would love to see how you modified it. Anxious to do the same!I got tired of waiting for a Metris-specific swivel seat base to appear in the U.S. so I took a chance and ordered one designed for Sprinters, knowing it might need a few mods or that it might not work at all.
I ordered the 2007+ Sprinter swivel from swivelsrus.com. After drilling an additional 6 holes in this thing it is properly mounted on the driver's seat base of my 2016 Metris.
Do I recommend this solution? Well, if you are over 5' 10" tall, you won't be very pleased with this because it adds 2.25" to the seat height. Other than that, it is a workable solution until the Metris-specific swivels are available in the U.S.
- After mods, it attaches securely and can do the job
- Wiring for seat can pass through the center of this swivel easily
- Aft-facing seat position stays in place well (though does not lock) and is pretty comfortable
- Expensive ($340 shipped)
- Fairly Heavy (20 lbs.)
- Adds too much to seat height
- Takes multiple hours and much patience to adapt to the Metris
- Swiveling 180 deg requires multiple steps/adjustments to seat position and can't be done from seated position
- Swivel action not very smooth
- No swivel position lock except for facing front
I can provide more details on the req'd mods for this thing if anyone is interested.