Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, I posted this question on a thread earlier but I figured I'd start a new thread to see if I can draw some more eyes to it...

I recently installed the Scopema RIB swivel on the my passenger side, and it squeaks like no other. Its been on for over a month now, and as I drive down the road and chair wiggles with the car the chair/swivel is constantly squeaking/clicking. I've tried shoving felt tape between all of the connection points to reduce the metal-on-metal, and that seemed to have no effect. I just lubricated the actual swivel portion to see if that was the issue, but to no avail.

Going to try removing the whole assembly again and just give everything a good wipe-down then install again to see it it makes any difference.

I'm pretty close to just removing the whole thing and returning it, which is a bummer after all the dough spent to buy one and spent all this time remedying fixes.. Also I should note that when there is someone sitting weighing it down there is no squeaking/clicking as the seat isn't able to move as much, as expected.

Has anyone else had problems with their install being so noisy like mine? And were you able to figure out a fix?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Mine has been dead silent and solid, so you do have a problem.

Squeaking should be the product of metal on metal. Does it happen unladen or loaded? Have you double checked the tightness of the RIB replacement bolts? Maybe a little Loctite on those fasteners. Look for moving metal on metal.

I have to take my passenger swivel out to get the recalled seat base cover installed.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Who did you purchase it from? Contact them and plead your case, They should send you a replacement, especially if you name them here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts