Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thx. I did check torque. I just put gorilla tape on the metal tab that prevents it from swiveling and seemed to help this morning. Will update with more experience.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
My new driver swivel occasionally grunts when I first get in, plant my feet and push back against the seat back to adjust my butt. So far no recurring noise. The passenger side has been silent laden or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any way you can send a picture of where you put tape? I have a metris with swivel from peace vans and the drive and sound is unbearable.. to the point where I don’t want to drive in the van. Both seats are loud and the bench rattles like mad. I need to figure out a fix

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,736 Posts
Any way you can send a picture of where you put tape? I have a metris with swivel from peace vans and the drive and sound is unbearable.. to the point where I don’t want to drive in the van. Both seats are loud and the bench rattles like mad. I need to figure out a fix
Have you contacted Peace Van's for help?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a squeak in my passenger Scopema swivel as well. It doesn't happen when I have a passenger seated, but without it occurs when I drive over a speed bump or uneven surface.

I can replicate the noise when bumping the headrest from the back, when my van is parked. It's kind of a jittery noise, and is annoying. I don't hear the noise from the drivers seat as I'm obviously always sitting in it, however if I try to bump the head rest when in parked, the driver's seat doesn't do the same.

I know I installed correctly as I followed the directions exactly. I have not had a chance to investigate but I think it may have something to do with friction and or the pins that needed to be cut/shortened.

@stumanfoo When you drive on your own, have you tried supporting the passenger seat with your right hand when driving over a bump? I noticed while doing that I can stop the rattle. But obviously you don't want to drive one handed all the time.

I cut my factory seat rail pins short instead of removing them entirely. Could be the pins that cause the friction and noise, and if so, maybe a little grease would help.

I am going to investigate when I have some time and will let you know if I find out anything. I've read about other people having the same issue, so it's not just you. When we find a cause/solution we should share it with Peace Vans so that they have a better response to their customers.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I found the following threads on the Transit forums. Have not tried any of these tricks but perhaps this weekend I’ll investigate. The passenger swivel has given me an excuse to crank up the music. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Before installing mine, I applied a liberal coat of Park Polygrease (available at your local bicycle shop) around the swivel ring and all contact points, hardware, etc. Another forum member here suggested this step before install (thanks:) I have not had any squeaks, just the occasional vibration noise.

I’m running a Scopema on my passenger side only. I keep mine “swiveled” most of the time, my dog loves riding shotgun - so much I bought a pet friendly seat cover for that side.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,736 Posts
PV said in a email “Those rattles should not be present - those front seats are an easy fix..”
Not sure what the easy fix is. I am on this forum trying to see if this is a common occurrence with all of the swivels.
Sounds like they were trying to help. Are you going to have them help you with the easy fix?

Mine don't squeek. It only does when I use my body weight to push back on the seat like getting my wallet out.

I'd recommend superlube silicone grease if using any grease products. Others are probably good.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts