Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 metris 52k just started doing some strange things. The first thing I noticed was the dome light would come on by itself and then turn off. I also heard a clicking noise like a relay noise behind the glovebox area. Then the AC fan would cut off and then right on. Lights would flash up on the dash the go right back off. It’s hard to roll window down when this is going on. When using the turn signal it blinks inconsistently. Passenger air bag off light is always on and will go off and back on when the ac fan goes in and out. NO check engine lights ever come up on the dash.
I haven’t replaced the main starter battery or auxiliary battery yet. I plan on doing that this weekend and having them tested. Do these issues sound like a battery problem or something else?

·
Registered
2016 Cargo/ camper van
393 Posts
Checking the batteries sounds like a good start. The alternator might be the issue. A while back another owner had installed a second battery incorrectly and the alternator eventually failed. He had a variety of odd electrical issues while the alternator was failing similar to what you describe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts