Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all. I have been in the sales manager position at our dealership since March/April of this year. I know that many forums have different rules, what's allowed and what's not, etc. I guess this is mainly for the admins: is there anything special that I would need to do to try and get a sponsorship and/or would it be okay to put my contact information and dealership information on here? I just want to be able to help people get vehicles that they are looking for and it seems like the demand is out there in particular parts of the country...it just hasn't quite caught on hard in our region. Trying to expand the knowledge of the product and also possibly help others get what they are looking for.

Admins: if this post is inappropriate or against some rules or something here, please feel free to remove and please PM me so that I can find out what I need to do to help. I've been a member on this board for quite some time and spend time reading through various posts to see peoples' likes and dislikes, what options/packages they prefer, etc. I've actually taken quite a bit of information I have gathered and relayed 'up the totem pole' to regional managers and other people affiliated with MBUSA and MB vans. Went to the plant in Charleston a couple months ago, got to see vans being reassembled and had the opportunity to ask quite a few questions. I was a sales rep on the floor for the brand (passenger cars and CV) for several years before being offered this position. It's definitely a different element and different environment, but I do enjoy it.

Thank you all in advance. Again, please PM me if this post is not allowed for whatever reason.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm not admin, but...

Welcome!

Its good to have a brand/product(s) ambassadeur here.

Reactions: Maximus

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not admin, but...

Welcome!

Its good to have a brand/product(s) ambassadeur here.

Thank you for that. I came from the nursing profession (7 years working in a surgical/trauma ICU) and was looking for something in medical device sales. Had a friend working in service here and I've always been a car/motorcycle junkie. I love tech and everything automotive. I feel as though I'm naturally a 'people person' and not your typical 'sales guy.' Everyone should have access to help and opinions when they need/ask for it and that's all I'm trying to contribute. I would love people to purchase vehicles from us, especially from our brand, but I'm always willing to listen to opinions of others and also will be honest when there's simply nothing I can do and/or are too far apart with anything when trying to help with a deal. I feel that MB, both passenger cars and CV, may not be the absolute best at one thing specifically, but I do feel as though we have the best overall product. Of course, I may be a little biased...haha

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in the US and, unfortunately, due to MBUSA's strict policy against exporting, I'm unable to assist with purchasing [new] vans to anyone outside of the states. I'd be more than happy to help with any other topic if I can, tho.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello Mr. Scott McDaniel from Mercedes-Benz of Baton Rouge,

I just bought my 2016 Metris in Canada and loved it. However, this purchase didn't go smooth. I live in Manitoba, Canada where there's only 1 MB dealership in the whole province. We tried to negotiate with the van guy and he only gave $4000 off for a demo they are using as a shuttle van with more than 18000 km mileage. They wouldn't take off the PDI and wouldn't offer further discount.

We went to Ontario where there are lots of MB dealerships, got ours $4500 off MSRP as well as PDI, and the van only had 9000 km. In addition, the van also have THERMOTRONIC plus roof rails.

What makes MB Winnipeg so reluctant in negotiating other than lack of competition?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I really enjoy the exclusivity. Not to say I get out a whole lot on the roads, but I've seen just one Metris here in Charlotte NC area.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello Mr. Scott McDaniel from Mercedes-Benz of Baton Rouge,

I just bought my 2016 Metris in Canada and loved it. However, this purchase didn't go smooth. I live in Manitoba, Canada where there's only 1 MB dealership in the whole province. We tried to negotiate with the van guy and he only gave $4000 off for a demo they are using as a shuttle van with more than 18000 km mileage. They wouldn't take off the PDI and wouldn't offer further discount.

We went to Ontario where there are lots of MB dealerships, got ours $4500 off MSRP as well as PDI, and the van only had 9000 km. In addition, the van also have THERMOTRONIC plus roof rails.

What makes MB Winnipeg so reluctant in negotiating other than lack of competition?
That's really hard to say. We are the only 'commercial vehicle' dealership in the state and I think there's just not enough marketing and teaching to let people in the area know about the product and actual affordability relative to competitors. As to why other dealers don't deal easier, I couldn't answer that. I know that we are very aggressive with pricing even though we are the only dealer. I also keep in mind that we are competing against Fords, Chevrolets, Nissans, etc. I want market share more than anything. Exposure is what will help the division grow.

I'm not sure what you mean regarding 'taking off the PDI.' The PDI is something, here anyway, that is included as part of the inspection and 'readiness' process when the vehicle arrives to the dealership. We don't add that to the price of the unit. The MSRP on the window sticker is the highest that the price will ever be and work from there...excluding any accessories added, of course.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts