Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those of you placing factory orders, what discount and wait times are you being quoted these days?

The discounts I'm seeing are tiny - a few percent. Comparing those prices to used vans, a decently-equipped Metris will lose over 1/3 its value almost immediately. That's well over par.

Most dealers I've spoken to are saying six months to receive an ordered van. One mentioned that if they had a spare slot at a certain phase in the order process it could be re-configured for me, dropping the wait to four months. But apparently they didn't have one.

I'm curious what other people are seeing.

·
Registered
2018 Metris Passenger
276 Posts
Anyone know how much time is lost for van disassembly/reassembly to avoid the chicken tax? My passenger van arrived in Canada in January after 10 weeks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered 135" wheelbase in early Nov. 2017 and took delivery on March 19,2018. Cargo van with lift rear door. small discount on price. After conversion to our specs and two thousand miles of travel, it was worth the wait

·
Registered
587 Posts
Ordered 135" wheelbase in early Nov. 2017 and took delivery on March 19,2018. Cargo van with lift rear door. small discount on price. After conversion to our specs and two thousand miles of travel, it was worth the wait
Wow an actual 135? I haven't seen one. I ordered mine 1/5/18, it was supposed to be assembled 6/10, but I am told by my sales person as follows, so I have no idea when I will get Phantom 135 (homage to Red Sovine):

"The system has not updated yet to show a VIN or that the van has been built. I’m sure by tomorrow it will update with a VIN and a production date. The next step is to wait for the van to be disassembled by a third party contractor since it is not equipped with rear seats. Once it is disassembled, then the drivetrain and body will be shipped separately from Vitoria, Spain to Emden, Germany. Emden is where the components will be loaded onto an ocean vessel and make their way to Ladson, SC USA for reassembly. Once the van is reassembled, it will await a semi-truck to bring it directly to our dealership."

"Our Sprinter rep from MBUSA did confirm that Global Ordering is not updating us at all right now. We are also unable to process changes to units at this time either. Your van should be assembled and queueing for transport up to Emden where it will be assigned a vessel. As soon as Global Ordering is sorted, I’ll get the VIN to you as well as the vessel number once it is assigned."

Anybody getting the same story?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ordered my custom 2018 cargo model Jan 16 this year. I got a build notice for April 7. Was told last week it's headed for CA on June 27. Hope it gets here in Hawaii before make any Aug payments on my current lease...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts