Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

Spaccer installation questions

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Dmilleac 
#1 ·
I'm curious to hear about installation of the Spaccer kits from anyone who might have done the work themselves. It's proving to be difficult to find someone locally (Portland, OR) who is willing to reply to emails or perform the installation. It seems easy enough and I've installed shocks on older simpler trucks but a glance inside the front wheel well has me considering if I want to do this myself.

For those of you who've performed the installation did you use a spring compressor or did you take apart the suspension strut?

How thorough are the installation instructions?

Anything that you'd wished you knew before starting?

#6 ·
I am thinking about using the Spaccer product to raise the rear of my 2016 Metris. Per the measurement calculated on their website I can use 3 36mm spacers per rear wheel. Does anybody have experience doing this themselves on the rear wheels. The product installs either on the top or the bottom of the spring not sure which for the Metris. My main concern is how to get access to the top or bottom of the spring. I am assuming just a matter of removing the wheel and shocks to allow access to the top or bottom of the spring?

#7 ·
Do you need a spring compression tool to install rear wheel SPACCERS?
I am thinking about using the Spaccer product to raise the rear of my 2016 Metris. Per the measurement calculated on their website I can use 3 36mm spacers per rear wheel. Does anybody have experience doing this themselves on the rear wheels. The product installs either on the top or the bottom of the spring not sure which for the Metris. My main concern is how to get access to the top or bottom of the spring. I am assuming just a matter of removing the wheel and shocks to allow access to the top or bottom of the spring?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.