Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyones input here I have made the decision to purchase a new Black passenger model. Seems to have most of the options i was looking for most importantly the trailer hitch. Heading out in the morning to pick it up. Hope to have many years of good service with it.
Once again thanks for sharing all the good and bad of what to expect.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Go over it with a fine tooth comb and make sure you understand how everything works and the features you paid for are there.

Also make sure the dealer doesn't try to stick you with unnecessary charges and such knowing you are in a vulnerable position.

Just be wary.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. Seems like they are always in a rush to get you out the door. But to be honest with you most things I buy I read and research about so much I am more knowledgeable than the sales person. But confirming everything I paid for is there is a good tip. Maybe I should go down the window sticker one line item at a time.
I already went over the dollars so there will be no surprises there. Also reiterated that with the woman that handled the finance part.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Gosh, your laws in Canada must be different, if a dealer charges you for an option that isn't there, they'd find themselves in deep ****. Faking a Monroney is a pretty serious offense.

That being said, if you find your dealer trying to screw you in other ways, don't argue with them. Just walk, they are obviously stupid. My dealer makes a lot of money servicing my cars, and they would never want to mess that up with BS fees.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Even just going by drawn up "estimate" which I asked to be all inclusive, there is a lot of bogus charges and fees. I'm just concerned that they may try to squeeze an extra dollar before giving you the keys. But if you have all the paperwork squared away, then even better for you.

I'm a bit seasoned when it comes to car lots and dealers. Almost owned a Subaru Crosstrek before my B200 where the dealer tried to pull a fast one.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Be sure to be clear on your maintenance and which notifier you should go by in writing. Just in case you get a Service A required a month from now.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Road Ghost is of the opinion that dealers enjoy screwing their customers. I used to think he was nuts, but other people have made me rethink this opinion. In either case, what he means is that if you take delivery of a vehicle that has been sitting, and you get a service indicator advising you to service the car way before mileage or time in service would indicate, and the dealer tells you that you can wait longer, that you should get that recommendation in writing, so you can blame the dealer if MB tries to reject warranty work on that basis.

Therefore I assume RG is either a lawyer or very close to one. Although, as a business man, it might be paranoid advice- but it is sound. You're not paranoid if they are actually out to get you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts