Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to have a single seat in row 2? I searched the site and couldn't find anything, but what I'd like to do is remove all of the rear seats, except for 1. Why so I can load a motorcycle in and still squeeze in a 3rd person.

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
the single seat does need the support of the 2 seats bench to work. Unless you find a Euro captain chair then it should work on it own.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! That's what I thought regarding the single seat. My Metris I just picked up has a 2 - 3 configuration for row 2 and 3, so I wasn't sure if that was going to work..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anymore advice on this? Metris sears has not been responsive. Any idea on price?
I have the same issue. My van is my race bike transporter and would like to bring two people to the track.
I’m actually considering cutting the left legs and latches from the adjacent seat and building up an armrest from it.
I’ve also considered building something up from a block of oak bolted to the rails and a pin fabricated from appropriate diameter pipe or round stock.
I’m in the Atlanta area and will give the 3rd row seat to some if they come take it. I would happily trade all of the rear seating for one or two captains chairs.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,334 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I remover my third row seat and installed a wheel chair lift.
Then removed the single seat for easier access to the rear compartment.
As well as seating for a third occupant &
room to stored travel cooler or groceries after shoppping.
I would think that the oppositr would be true.
You should be able to remove the 2 seat component of the second row.
Why not? If there's a need?
Motor vehicles are supposed to be versatile...IMHO.

My unit was a dealer coutesy vehicle for years at our local MB dealer.
3 batteries, boosted A/C system and as well as other accessories.
I'm not a Metris guru.
I only know my vehicle but I suppose I could attach pics of it's current configuration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts