Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish it was on the top too. What is the paneling made of? I'd like to install same material on the roof cavities. It gets screaming hot up there.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not sure that they're actually Coroplast - more like a heavy duty version of Coroplast-like material. It's certainly the same type of construction but it's heavier/tougher than any Coroplast I've ever had my hands on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I'm trying to make it match the sides. A lot of my customers see my van. I'm sure its a German product and that's why I having so much trouble researching it. I'll contact Mercedes next.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there,

I am going to try MDF boards with white satin finish. I just started to do the templates today and here are the finish results of the two lower panels. Hardware is on the way so I will just clip it temporary for now.
I am thinking about to add upper and ceiling panels also.

MDF isn't the best with the water but I do not think there will be a problem in the cargo area at all , especially for the walls and the ceiling. MDF for the floor isn't the best option.

If MDF will not work I will try AZEEK boards, I am sure they will last forever ;)

Attachments

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Just be careful. MDF has good weight bearing capabilities, but it weakens with damp and it has a hard time when lateral stretch force is applied to it, and can't take sharp impacts well.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Getting closer. It appears to be PP Honeycomb. Available in many thicknesses textures and color so it's still gonna be tricky to match.
Vendor link?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That looks pretty good! Are you having trouble with allowing the panels to have curvature? Have you located automotive rivet fasteners?

·
Registered
11 Posts
"greenmendelion" This MDF is like HDF, so it is way stronger than any other. Finish is satin and very hard so I am not worry about the scratches. Original Mercedes sheets are also HDF.

Corrugated PVC sheets are to weak and terrible, very bad to finish cargo area.

"box": Hardware - can be any... it doesn't have to be mercedes brand.

"StevenNovak": First I made the templates off 3/4" plywood so now I can cut as many as needed ;) - so if somebody need some paneling, let me know..

·
Registered
812 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: icerabbit

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
435 Posts
Thank you for sharing.

I was looking around in my new van, and wondering what that material was, that it was something I had not seen yet or heard of before ( not a commercial van guy ). It seems light weight and impact resistant. Plus it is attached with some kind of anchors that open up when you insert a plastic pushpin.

I would not mind lining the entire van with more of that stuff.

Provided I get the attachmant tracks and anchoring sorted.
Maybe do some reinforcing behind it in the open spaces.

I was wondering if they have 4x8 sheets ... but they may actually have vehicle specific kits.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Thank you for sharing.

I was looking around in my new van, and wondering what that material was, that it was something I had not seen yet or heard of before ( not a commercial van guy ). It seems light weight and impact resistant. Plus it is attached with some kind of anchors that open up when you insert a plastic pushpin.

I would not mind lining the entire van with more of that stuff.

Provided I get the attachmant tracks and anchoring sorted.
Maybe do some reinforcing behind it in the open spaces.

I was wondering if they have 4x8 sheets ... but they may actually have vehicle specific kits.

I haven't found con-pearl at retail yet. I found a reasonable substitute at Home Depot that I am using for my ceiling. It's whitish/translucent, unfortunately, while the Metris con-pearl panel set I bought from another forum member is grey.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts