Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi friends:

I ordered my MMCA3G 135 on January 5, 2018, The dealer says it is finally in transit to the dealership from SC -- they say only 10 vehicles were re-assembled at Ladson in September. Got a VIN, so they can do a contract and get it over to my lender so when the van arrives, I can pick it up.

They've agreed on discount with little back and forth and made me an offer (with no fight) of an 8.62% discount on the sticker (not including $995 delivery), and including the Service A & B incentive -- the same deal Autonation offered me in January. They offered no discount on the Cold Weather Pkg or the rear heating/cooling duct, so I applied the 8.62%. With my equipment, delivery, and a new-since-January 1% sales tax increase for roads, the deal put me right at $37k OTD.

I want the 4/120 ELW, but not for $3,380 (which is finally priced on the website). Would you look at my build list and give an idea of how you might change the counter by me? I can't really verify the existence of MB dealers who discount the ELW, but it stands to reason, and was my experience with Ford (though I didn't buy a Ford ELW).

My counter will be like this unless you folks think I am leaving too much on the table. I am going to give the sales and finance people a choice: Van only -- $36,575 OTD OR $39,675 OTD. This gives them $3,100 on the ELW as an inducement on the vehicle cost

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
I recently sat down with a dealer about ordering a 2019 Metris. I told him at the start that I understood that a dealer can do about 10% off sticker. He immediately said that they only have 6% to work with and he would be willing to split that with me. In other words, his discount would be 3% off sticker. I don't know if he would be picking and choosing which options would be discounted as well.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I recently sat down with a dealer about ordering a 2019 Metris. I told him at the start that I understood that a dealer can do about 10% off sticker. He immediately said that they only have 6% to work with and he would be willing to split that with me. In other words, his discount would be 3% off sticker. I don't know if he would be picking and choosing which options would be discounted as well.
Wow -- maybe MB has decided to make a profit!

·
Registered
305 Posts
I assume your getting a passenger van. If so why a Metris and not a sienna or odyssey. Sorry, but at those prices you posted. It seems like the Toyota or Honda would be a better value and possibly a better ride.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Give Jeff Jackson at Tafel Motors Inc. from Louisville Kentucky a call (800-367-6372) . They charged me $2,800 for a 7/120 ELW. Every dealer has their own pricing and it doesn't matter which state it's purchased from. For me it was out of necessity since the ELWs are not sold in Florida for the cargo vans.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes, I know it's a great work van and has it's propose. That's why I bought one. Plus, the others would look silly with a ladder rack.:D But, as a daily driver ride w/ all the amenities? I think I would pass on it. The others just seem too nice and i'm sure the Toyota's JBL sound system w/ carplay is miles above our audio 15 head unit.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I assume your getting a passenger van. If so why a Metris and not a sienna or odyssey. Sorry, but at those prices you posted. It seems like the Toyota or Honda would be a better value and possibly a better ride.
No, it's a long wheel base cargo

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I drive a somewhat well equipped passenger van and it’s perfect for what I want. Also the stereo is awesome- it’s as good as the Bose system on my last car (2005 ML350).

What you give up on the Honda you gain back in mechanical excellence and durability.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I drive a somewhat well equipped passenger van and it’s perfect for what I want. Also the stereo is awesome- it’s as good as the Bose system on my last car (2005 ML350).

What you give up on the Honda you gain back in mechanical excellence and durability.
What stereo is in your Metris? Is it something else besides the 5 speaker audio 15 that I have in my16 cargo? A few more speakers maybe in the rear? With that said my Studio on wheels bose system in my Infiniti smokes my Metris system. There's no comparison. Oh yeah, one more thing. Why do you keep throwing the Honda in the mix and not the Toyota. Does, Toyota have a quality and durabilty edge over Mercedes that you know about? Lol

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yikes, I guess things are getting expensive nowadays.
That's why I am still asking - I tried for driver/passenger comfort plus, tough to brake>:D, rugged reliability.

·
Registered
305 Posts
That's why I am still asking - I tried for driver/passenger comfort plus, tough to brake>:D, rugged reliability.
IDK, maybe you should look at a slightly used w/ only a couple thousand miles on it for around $25,000 as that's all it's going to be worth when you drive it off the lot anyways.:crying:

G

·
I ordered a 2019 cargo (for future camper conversion) in July. The order was through the Costco auto referral program where the dealer said he was authorized to take off 4.5% of the MSRP. They also said the vehicle should be in California around December. The vehicle was built on 9/6/18. How long am I realistically looking for the vehicle to be delivered to California? I am now driving an older vehicle with one foot in the grave waiting on this van. Thanks.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I’ve been in a bunch of not my fault accidents in my life. All but one involved a Honda. I dun like Hondas. They seem to be driven by people with a propensity to run their car into my vehicle.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Japanese minivans won't cut it. I want a cargo rear, but mainly the heavy duty "chassis," suspension and drivetrain.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The Japanese minivans won't cut it. I want a cargo rear, but mainly the heavy duty "chassis," suspension and drivetrain.
This. That's why I bought it. I tow my camper 3500 pounds plus, and motorcycle and gear. It drives great! And not that you should do this, but out in Utah driving 90-100 was unbelievable smooth and stable. No trailer. Lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Same here, went from a 2016 Odyssey with a tow-hitch to a Metris Cargo for my business, zero regrets! I went for the model with the premium safety package & comfort seats.

The Honda was nice, but made for humans not cargo - with all the seats out the back isn't flat, and has metal bars for the seat mounts that made loading/unloading a bear.

I like the higher seating position & view, the ride's rougher but I'm fine with that trade-off for being able to load/unload easily. The ride reminds me to drive safely, the Honda's sporty feel gave me the illusion of driving a sports-car.

So far my mileage (24mpg) has been identical to the Odyssey's.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts