Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, quick question. I noticed some squeaking noise the past days. Wasn't really bad and just happened once in a while when accelerating or very bumpy road. Nos its constant and I looked underneath to see what its is. Sure enough the shock absorber on driver rear is worn out.
I have attached some pictures. The passenger side looks OK but may be swapping both out at the same time might be a good idea.
Does anybody know if this is covered by the 3 year / 60K miles Mercedes warranty, considering I only have approx 1200 Miles on it?
I doubt it as I think its wear and tear but thought I ask arround before visisting a shop.
thanks so much

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi, quick question. I noticed some squeaking noise the past days. Wasn't really bad and just happened once in a while when accelerating or very bumpy road. Nos its constant and I looked underneath to see what its is. Sure enough the shock absorber on driver rear is worn out.
I have attached some pictures. The passenger side looks OK but may be swapping both out at the same time might be a good idea.
Does anybody know if this is covered by the 3 year / 60K miles Mercedes warranty, considering I only have approx 1200 Miles on it?
I doubt it as I think its wear and tear but thought I ask arround before visisting a shop.
thanks so much
Looks damaged, not just worn out.....

·
Registered
184 Posts
What Robb said, that’s not worn out that is a catastrophic failure.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Of course it would be warranty.

Reactions: beesigner

·
Registered
271 Posts
to me it looks like that you drove your van off road:) it happens when you hit a rock, surely needs replacement, :-(
The rest of the undercarriage would reveal that as well. Unless it was caused by a huge ass pothole.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Glad someone else can see that! :surprise:
it should be noted to our friend beesigner, that the shock is most likely empty of oil, (as you can see it running down the shock), if not replaced soon it will damage also the tire, and abrupt maneuvering in traffic could create an accident... all written IMHO I am not a mechanic.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks y'all for your input. BTW No offroading over here;)
I brought the van to Mercedes Baton Rouge yesterday and they said its covered under warranty, they ordered a new shock and they checked everything else underneath and said all looks good. So seems all worked out. Now I am just waiting to hear back when its ready to be picked up. Thanks again for all the feedback.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks y'all for your input. BTW No offroading over here;)
I brought the van to Mercedes Baton Rouge yesterday and they said its covered under warranty, they ordered a new shock and they checked everything else underneath and said all looks good. So seems all worked out. Now I am just waiting to hear back when its ready to be picked up. Thanks again for all the feedback.
I do must apologise, I misted somewhere in the reading in the story, that you have purchased the MB metris recently and that your dealer covers even road hazard, maybe next time I'll come down and buy from your dealer, my dealer is refusing to take remaining part of a partition that I did not want at purchase time :-( so for me to instal swivel seats I will have lots to do to get rid of it myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts