Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have instructions on resetting the service message (without buttons)
thanks in advance
2016 metris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link, I could only find steering wheel button info. Just did my first oil change today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone new to the forum here, I'm also needing to find out how to reset my service B as it does not tell you on my 2018 owners manual, my metris has no steering buttons as well and followed the instructions provided by kbcool or RansomRidge's but they're not working either. I hope someone new to the forum reads our posts and share any knowledge and thanks in advance!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hello everyone new to the forum here, I'm also needing to find out how to reset my service B as it does not tell you on my 2018 owners manual, my metris has no steering buttons as well and followed the instructions provided by kbcool or RansomRidge's but they're not working either. I hope someone new to the forum reads our posts and share any knowledge and thanks in advance!
That attachment works fine with my '17. It's a rather complex sequence that's easy to mess up. I suggest you try again.

·
Registered
151 Posts
@bdwelle, thank you for sharing.

Are you all DIYing the complete "Service A" by just an oil change? Reading the service schedule, it doesn't look like really anything more than an oil/filter change is done for Service A besides the inspections. Other things are checked, like brake function (do they really use a dyno??) but I'm assessing that every time I drive any car as a fussy/sensitive driver. I have a topsider that I use for my W123, and I see no reason to drive in for this service if I can just do myself.

Anyone know if the dealer scans the codes, updates software, or typically does anything else special that we can't do ourselves for Service A?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, you can't pull into any brand of dealer these days without them checking your alignment and perhaps finding it off a bit. Just buy the approved oil&filter and save your receipts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts