Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am getting the 'next service A in 29 days' warning as it's close to 1 year since the last A but it's only 4,000 miles driven since then under no load. The oil still looks clean and at level but I don't mind doing an oil and filter change myself followed by 'reset service indicator' (thank the forum for that fix). I understand I need to use the spec oil/filter and save receipts or it may effect the status of my factory warranty. Should I wait a while or would that also have an effect?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Could always send a sample of the oil in to a place like blackstone labs to get an idea of how long you can run it.....I plan on doing this with my diesel soon to gauge how many miles I can safely go.

I usually go about 7k miles on my Metris between changes. Mine usually falls within about 10-11 months, but if it was 15 months, I'd just do it then. The whole "every year" thing is not a hard-set time frame.

More importantly is how its normally driven, if its tons of short trips/short distance driving or all city, I'd do it every 4-5k miles or about once a year. If it sees a decent amount of fast/hot driving on the freeway that will keep the oil free of moisture, then I'd go a bit longer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts