Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 2020 about 3 months ago. Im right at 5000 miles and she's telling me she's due for service A. Im not sure if I should ignore it and reset and bring her in at 15000 or take her in for maintainence. Anybody have an answer for me?

·
Registered
88 Posts
It is 15000 miles or 1 year, witch ever comes first. It just mean that your van sit on the lot for a few months before you bought it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I picked up my 2020 about 3 months ago. Im right at 5000 miles and she's telling me she's due for service A. Im not sure if I should ignore it and reset and bring her in at 15000 or take her in for maintainence. Anybody have an answer for me?
My 12 month Service A indicator went off 3 months before the anniversary of my purchase with about 8,000 miles. The van was advanced to some specific status on that date in Ladson, a year earlier.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Personally I am just ignoring the date based services.
Like many of you I had the "early" notice. Seems that the unit sat in Germany for a while and then at the dock here in the US.

In the end I did my Service A at 3500 miles (2 years). Didn't want to miss anythign going wrong at that point.
I am 500+ days over on my service B but only have 8600 miles on the vehicle. None of those fluids is gonna spoil so I'll probably wait until 15K and get another Service A then.

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
565 Posts
If it is not a daily driver nor primary vehicle, miles can tick up slowly, but that is indeed rather low. I have done that a few times within a week or two :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Service is based on miles and it reads like time. I'd err on the side of caution and have it for service. Talk to the SA regarding what level of service is necessary.

Even if you and he decide just on an oil/filter service.

Bought my 2020 van in August. Had the van in for an early/oil filter service at around 1K miles. Now have 2600 miles on the van and the miles to service is still over 13,000. SA and I decided not to reset the service indicator as I'll still have the van in for the "scheduled" 15K mile servcie. Just wanted an early service at around 1K miles. Then I'll have it in for another one at 5K miles, at 10K miles, then at 15K miles.

Getting ready to head out on a 4K mile road trip to the west coast and back. Will probably stop a long the way when the van hits 5K miles and get an oil/filter service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts