Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to every one
Just bought my Metris down in south Florida and not even 600 miles, its appear this count down for service A.
Would like to ask the older folks here what to do in these circumstances. Zero it down my self, or go back to the dealer. The problem is that dealer is little over 100 miles from me with traffic .
I bought extended warranty for 5 years 100K miles, but did not bought 4 visits for the maintenance, offer to me at the time. It were $1,930/4 visits.
I have a sprinter as well with transmission problem and just bought the Metris. Will use both for my HVAC business.

·
Registered
899 Posts
The service indicator on mine went off on the one year anniversary of its release date from Ladson, which was about 4 months before it was delivered. I had only about 8,000 miles on the van at the time. I called the dealer and they told me to wait until the one year delivery anniversary. Then I reset the warning indicator. I have the no-charge Service A & B incentive on my 2018 ( I also bought an ELW, back then it was a 7 year/120,000 deal). Service B will be due in December. I am hoping the dealer doesn't hassle me about the transmission fluid replacement as my mileage will likely be under 17,000.

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
565 Posts
I turned it down as well, just like we have for any other preceding vehicle. We just want to deal with the vehicle up front and will take the rest as it comes, knock on wood. I tend to hold on to vehicles for probably 10 years on average, and I equally intend to have my Metris for a decade, but one never knows what the future holds and whatever circumstance may prompt in trading down or trading up sooner than that; and in that case I'd rather not have any money prepaid for x years of maintenance and worry if that can transfer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts