Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having ongoing issues with my serpentine belt. To make a long story short I have an appointment to replace my belt because it's coming apart (with only 37000 KMS on the van). Odd thing is that it will be my second belt that I replace (under warranty). The first one blew right apart about 6-8 mos ago and the dealer found that everything (pulleys/tensioner etc) was to spec. I believe it has something to do with cold weather starts, sometimes -20C, there's a clicking sound from under my hood. It was taken to the dealer for this issue but they, of course, found nothing.

I'm not sure if there's a clutch somewhere that is staying engaged or what ...... why can't the dealer figure this out????

I will try and attach a link of the video in the next post ....

·
Registered
943 Posts
There is a bulletin about alignment of the ac compressor. I think you'll (they'll) find it under c300. Other than that, I haven't seen any belt issues yet.

·
Registered
401 Posts
All I can think of is that if your van has the aux heater package the electrical load on the Alternator at those temps will be very high and put a lot of strain/wear on the belt....-4F /-20C is cold!

·
Registered
196 Posts
There is a bulletin about alignment of the ac compressor. I think you'll (they'll) find it under c300. Other than that, I haven't seen any belt issues yet.
Robmeex, could alignment of the ac compressor also would make broken fan like noise, when the air is on?

·
Registered
943 Posts
This is when I say anything is possible. Probably not, but maybe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts