Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not tried to move the third row to the second, I will do that next, but here is the procedure:

The speculation is over. I will detail how to remove and replace the rear seats. It is straight forward, but I would not call it easy. A second person is not absolutely mandatory (I didn’t have one for these pictures) but it makes it much easier.

Step one, you pull this handle upwards, there is one for the whole seat, which unlatches the seat at the rear latches.

Step Two, you tilt the seat upwards all the way.

You then have to toggle these levers, which are on each side of the seat, to release the front latches- having two people really helps right here- and lift straight up.

And the seat is now out. And we can see that the slots are directional, so no they can't be fitted in conference format.

To replace.. You can see there is a little bar on the front pocket. The hooks on the front latch need to be placed around that bar, at which point the latch will click into place. You will know it because the toggle latch will then pop out to indicate that it needs to be undone. This is an indicator specifically designed to ensure the latch goes in properly.

You can then lower the seat back down onto the rear pocket. It will latch in securely, or the indicator will be visible.

And they are very heavy. I would estimate the middle seat weight somewhere north of a hundred pounds. Not surprising, what with the seat belt pretensions and all.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There might be, but I don't see any. I didn't actually remove the seat from the van, as it was a little above my comfortable lifting weight with my collapsed disc. I'll try it with my wife soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Absolute shame we can't have better seating options in the States with this van. In Europe, we have the Metris equivalent with captain's chairs in conference seating (in other words, two seats facing two seats, so 4 people can talk facing each other). This would make it a perfect little VIP transport van. Mercedes needs to give us this interior option. At anything under $2.5k, I'd check that option box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my first post on this site, and i'm sorry that it has to be negative.

I am a long time VW Eurovan Owner, and have been waiting for the Metris to arrive, with great excitement!
I think MB is wise to introduce a van of this size and design. I plan on test driving one this weekend.

I think it has the potential to be a great success here in the states.
But I cant believe that the seats in this van DO NOT FOLD DOWN !!! its an unforgivable design flaw............

It might actually prevent us from buying it.....not sure yet.
Perhaps they will correct this and the mirror issue in next years model.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Tough to beat the Stow 'N Go system for sure, but overall it is a work van at its core. I would only require the one rear seat most of the time, if not doing any camping/delivery/dump run.

·
Registered
253 Posts
After you remove the second row seat, the third row just needs to be unlatched and "walked" out of the track and then walked up to the second row track. If you can figure out a way of storing the second seat somewhere in your garage, the rear stowage area is "yuge"!

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I'm sure if the tracks are there, you should be able to buy a set of seats and install them quite easily no ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Damned heavy.

I'd like to see the guy who lifts out the big seat by himself.
Well I don't have a picture - but I did it myself - headrests off - tilt forward - pop it up & out of the track & then let your frustration adrenaline kick in - It is tough & it is heavy heavy heavy - I was able to pull it out the back by once unlatched - I put some closed cell foam under the seat so it wouldn't dig into my van then twisting it & pulling it onto a heavy duty dolly like the FedEx drivers use - once it was on the dolly it was easy - The seat is way over engineered in my opinion - my guess is it's weighing in at over 120-30 pounds - Then I took out the second row jump seat - which also has a good weight to it considering how small it actually is - a good workout for sure - I would get some help in the future though - :grin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Newbie post here! I was able to remove the second row without any trouble, but the release lever behind the third row doesn't seem to be releasing the rear brackets. All three red tabs pop up out of the brackets, but the seat is not tipping forward, not moving at all. Anyone have trouble with these jamming? Thanks!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
The third row seat (the three wide) has to be moved up to the middle of the van and taken out the side doors. It is too big to rotate to remove through the rear.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The third row seat (the three wide) has to be moved up to the middle of the van and taken out the side doors. It is too big to rotate to remove through the rear.
Not sure where the issue is but the 3rd row seat should rotate and come out the back no problem. i tend to remove it out the back passenger side first if that helps.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts