Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Metris Getaway
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am somewhat technically challenged but was hoping someone could help me with a seat question. We have a 2021 Metris Getaway. It has a flush rail on each side of the floor - 2 rails total, one on each side. Apparently the two inside rails are now covered with flooring. I was wondering if I can install a stock Metris bench seat right behind the driver/passenger seat and in front of the rear folding bench, using just two rails. I would like to do this for when we need to take a lot of passengers and do not need to fold down the rear bench. I see bench seats come up on the forum from time to time but do not know if you need 4 interior floor rails to install these.

Thanks in advance for any help! Richard

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passenger
2,031 Posts
Two inside rails don't exist. Unfortunately, there are few options. There is a reimo single seat, but I think it only fits on the grizzly rail that is inset for the rail option when there are canines down the driver side. Reason being it had more room for the seat next to the side wall.

The benches need 3 rails, but also different rails.

·
Super Moderator
Metris Cargo 135 2020
936 Posts
Two rails on getaway ...
Motor vehicle Automotive design Mode of transport Vehicle Vehicle door

Three and four rails ( images from metrisseats . com )

Product Automotive design Head restraint Chair Vehicle

Maybe contact MetrisSeats to hear what they think?
Would there be an option to add one or two short ones?
Or full length ones?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passenger
2,031 Posts
Not with the floor in the getaway. It's bonded. Very big undertaking to try to fit stock seats in a getaway. I did the research on the floors and seating options and nobody is doing 4 rails with the Reimo seats. Just no demand.

Growing up we sat on bean bags or lawn chairs in the back of vans. Sort of frowned upon these days :)

·
Registered
2021 Metris Getaway
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all for your comments. I realized after I posted that there had already been a detailed discussion on this subject. It seems like there is no elegant solution available at the moment. It might be an impossible task to have crash worthy seats held by just the two side rails and potential manufacturers might be scared away by the liability.

Still, with the plethora of of people with extra seats, and a number of people asking to add seats, maybe something will eventually pop up. Richard

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passenger
2,031 Posts
The issue is that once you put a seat forward of the Reimo you can't deploy the bed. The benches are bloody heavy and not something you are going to be popping in and out.

At the end of the day the Getaway is a 5 passenger van if 3 of the passengers are short.

·
Registered
2021 Metris Getaway
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The issue is that once you put a seat forward of the Reimo you can't deploy the bed. The benches are bloody heavy and not something you are going to be popping in and out.

At the end of the day the Getaway is a 5 passenger van if 3 of the passengers are short.
Pounce - I would not mind either the heaviness or not being able to deploy the bed. I was just trying to find out if there were any options that allowed a 3rd row of seats to be installed in front of the Reimo using the 2-Rail configuration that the Getaway has and from what I can tell there is not. Thanks for all the information you continue to provide.

·
Registered
2021 Metris Getaway
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pounce - I would not mind either the heaviness or not being able to deploy the bed. I was just trying to find out if there were any options that allowed a 3rd row of seats to be installed in front of the Reimo using the 2-Rail configuration that the Getaway has and from what I can tell there is not. Thanks for all the information you continue to provide.
Also - I have finally been able to find and read your thoughts on this subject that were posted on this subject earlier and agree with all you have to say.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passenger
2,031 Posts
So many posts in the last 5 years :)

What I want in a van is 4 rails from the factory. The ability to install and remove a folding bed/bench. Captains chairs that are adult sized that recline with foot rests... that also swivel and can be removed. I got close, but still don't have what I wanted. Maybe what I want is only in Europe.

Good luck. Post back if you find that unicorn.

·
Super Moderator
Metris Cargo 135 2020
936 Posts
I 100+% agree with the idea that MB should just build the vito/metris vans with only the most versatile set of rails and seats, and pitch the rest. Get it over with. Not two rails here, three rails there, four rails for ....; standardize it and give people the whole range of options, regardless of which vehicle they buy. I'd love to have floor rails in my cargo, but my van came with none. Now of course for shoving in boxes and the average cargo van, it may not need rails ... but 2, 3 or 4 is just a bit mad on the passenger side.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I thought how many ways my 2020 Metris didn't work, while I was in a junk yard two weeks ago grabbing a pair of front and rear seat out of an Audi A5 $145.00 I decided to turn around the big ass slider bed this made my getaway overhead door more usable, perfect place for the bottom drawer and table with much more room over the rear tires when pushed all the way forward (you'll still get the raspberries on the knees praying to the German knob gods)
Make sure you get the floor hangers cut out of the Audi with extra sheetmetal to bolt them down with stainless wing nuts on the Metris floor only cost $90.00 to get the side seat airbags sewed shut 🤕 The Audi front seats look great even with the headrests extended AND NOW HAVE TWICE THE VIEW IN THE REARVIEW OUT THE BACK WINDOW!! I can enter the back by stepping between seats. contact me for the photo details

1 - 14 of 14 Posts