Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Metris today!:laugh:
So, before I go and mess it up, I want to put in some good floor mats and seat covers, as this will be a work van, too.
Can any forum members give me some recommendations?
I just checked Weathertech and all they have are the front floor mats, and their seat covers are only for a 3 seat 2nd row(which I have, but I want to remove the 3rd seat on the passenger side.
Thanks Bob

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I wanted mats for the 2nd row and cargo area. I think I can buy a rubber mat that I can cut to size. I know I have one for my Sprinter.

I would like to protect the sides and back of the seats.
Any ideas?
B

·
Registered
401 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am really happy with the Hexomats I got for my passenger van. Although they don't have raised sides, all of the little hexagonal pockets trap a lot of dirt or liquid and hold it in place. They also clean up very easily with a hose and dry very fast. The set includes, front, 2nd row, 3rd row and trunk pieces. Their customer service was very good and they sent me some extra pieces that I could cut to cover the spaces between the front seats and beneath the "8th" seat when it is removed so my entire floor is protected against kids' muddy shoes. The only drawback is that the individual pieces are cut for the "foot" areas of the passenger van and don't cover the areas immediately beneath the seats - so going with a "continuous" sheet might be a better option if you're planning to have the seats out more often than not.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got the cargo mat I posted. It came super quick. As I was precut for a cargo, I had to do some surgery. Though not a professional job, I got it fitted in, roughly.
The mat was almost 1 inch thick, but the passenger seats fit properly. I am now putting in the 80/20- I will post on that thread.
Thanks for all your help
Bob

·
Registered
200 Posts
I got the hexomats which fit perfectly in the front. My passenger van with no seats had carpet in the back - real slippery. So, I went with a rubber backed mat which i flip to the rubber backing side up for absolutely no slip and rubber side down for heavy objects that need to slide.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The flooring I listed was for a Cargo.
It took a bit of cutting, but I fit it in my Passenger. Not the most accurate fit, but it works for me. At the least, I now have a pattern if I get a replacement.
B

·
Registered
81 Posts
Option chosen for my Cargo van. For the 2 front mats I went with the Mercedes OEM floor trays from this seller. These are not rubber but a rugged, semi-flexible molded plastic. They contain the water and debris and are very easy to clean. I'm frequently tracking in mud, sand, and water. In previous utility vehicles I've always used heavy duty rubber mats and have to say I like these better because of function and convenience. After 10 months they still look as new after wiping off.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Mercede...ash=item33b79132a7:g:hCUAAOSw1S9WeW46&vxp=mtr

1 - 20 of 26 Posts