Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Metris Getaway
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get some seat covers for our two front seats in a 2021 Metris Getaway. I see there are a variety available but noticed that there is an "airbag" tag on each seat. Can anyone advise me on whether seat covers can be used on these seats? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
Metris Cargo 135 2020
1,097 Posts
Airbag compatible seat covers do indeed exist. My previous van had fitted neoprene seat covers, from a well known ( and/or advertised brand ) that the manufacturer specifically stated were compatible with air bags. Don't just grab generic covers that are stitched / assembled any which way.

·
Registered
2021 Mercedes Metris Camper
22 Posts
I have some new black neoprene covers I could part with. They don't work with my seat back tables. They are designed to work with the airbags.
Where did you purchase please?
Also, I'd like a neoprene cover for my bench seat (2 passenger because it's a camper); any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Metris Getaway
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the prompt response. I'll check them out.
I installed the neoprene Cover Kings and they work great. If you go to coverking.com they have many different fabric and color options. They were easy to install and have really done a great job of keeping mud, water, food, etc. off the front seats. I had two other comments.
1. If you order from any of the cover manufacturers, make sure you get the armrest covers at the time of purchase. These are hard to find afterwards. At the suggestion of one of the other forum members I just used girl's knee high soccer socks - $8.99 off of Amazon and have been very happy with them.
Car Vehicle Steering part Window Plant

2. The back bench seat is a little bit of a problem. I would have liked to use a traditional neoprene seat cover to permanently install, but the fact that we need to unfold this to make the bed negated this option. Again, at the suggestion of a forum member we just went with a washable light blanket on the bottom, and it serves as both a seatcover and a backup blanket for cold nights.
Motor vehicle Comfort Textile Automotive design Car seat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts