Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the Audio 15 manual the size limit on the SD Card used with the multimedia system is 32 GB, though it's been mentioned here before (probably by Robb) that you can get a 64 GB card to work, and I've been using a 64 GB card with no problem. I happened to have a 128 GB card for another project, so on a whim I loaded some music and inserted the card. Which gives you a "Device Incompatible" message. Oh well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, turns out I spoke too soon. I tried putting another 64 GB card in, and it too gave a "Device Incompatible" message. What? At which point I noticed that my original working card was formatted FAT32, not exFAT. After reformatting the 128 GB card in FAT32 the Audio 15 now reads it just fine. I haven't tried loading up 80 GB of music yet to see if there is a size limit on the file reading system - that comes next.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well darn. It seems as if when using the SD card you can only have one level of folders. I loaded a card with about 50 GB of music, in about ten Genre folders, each of which was filled with Artist folders. But it wouldn't let you go up more than one folder level. So not near as useful as I had hoped to carry a whole music collection on one large card.

·
Registered
196 Posts
besley did you try your flash drive, I have all my music on flash stick and when we travel we use the flash drive, not expert by long shoot only letting you know what we do. There is USB port as you know...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
besley did you try your flash drive, I have all my music on flash stick and when we travel we use the flash drive, not expert by long shoot only letting you know what we do. There is USB port as you know...
Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried using the USB port with my IPOD Classic, and it does work, though it's slower than using the IPOD wheel to navigate. But I hadn't got around to trying a flash drive - and low and behold, it seems to work just fine for at least two levels of folders. Have to get a really compact drive though to avoid breaking it off!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried using the USB port with my IPOD Classic, and it does work, though it's slower than using the IPOD wheel to navigate. But I hadn't got around to trying a flash drive - and low and behold, it seems to work just fine for at least two levels of folders. Have to get a really compact drive though to avoid breaking it off!
besley, if I understand your statement "Have to get a really compact drive though to avoid breaking it off!" The steering wheel may be in your way too:)
I just moved my garmin from the top of the dashboard to the air screen above the USB port, I will see if on hot days it will be in the way of the air, if not, I think perfect spot for garmin. We shall see :) Going to Florida Keys, there I'll see the proof of the pudding :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts