Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the driver's side rpm wheel sensor go out on my wife's 2017 Metris Pax van. Sets off a plethora of warning indications, traction control, collision assist, cruise control, ABS, blind spot warning, I'm sure there was more...and get this...the sliding Pax doors will not open automatically. You can open them manually with the handle and they will close automatically by closing with the handle...but will not open or close with any buttons or fob. For the life of me I don't understand the German mind. I guess the because the driver's dash buttons for opening the doors are in the same "row" of buttons for turning the traction control On/Off they are effected somehow. Maybe. Time to get out the schematic.

The funny part is the service manager calls me to tell me they have to order 2 motors (under warranty) and they are in Germany and he doesn't have any idea how long they will be getting here. I ask, doesn't he think it's a little coincidental that both motors take a crap at the same time? Doesn't phase him. They checked them. They're broke. New motors on order.

Well, they get the new rpm sensor installed the next morning...and guess what? Yeppers. The doors work. But that's after they cleaned and lubed the door mechanisms...so they say. I wonder how long it will take those warranty motors to arrive???

Friggin' Germans.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yep. My ABS Sensor went out as well. Pass side Rear.
Whistles and bells like freakin' New Years!!
I only had about 5K on the van and Merc. said that I was out of warranty 'cuz 2 years had passed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts