Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

I find it rather irksome that the driver's side cargo bay light and optional LC2 rear LED are wired into the starter battery rather than the aux. battery and EK1 body builder.

Has anyone tried to fix this issue? Seems to me everything south of the driver's cabin should be on the auxiliary battery.

p.s. I bought the LC2 knowing I might ultimately abandon it, even though it's over $200. It looks to be worth about $60 tops in Amazon equivalent LEDs, so I'd like to use it at least until I insulate and install a ceiling.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Does it matter? LED's running off a 100A car battery will run for eons with no significant battery drain....
Well there you go being practical again. I totally agree, it's just kind of a design issue for me, especially because the two factory lights are going to need to go eventually.

·
Registered
2016 Cargo converted into a camper van
341 Posts
In my 2016 cargo I have a single factory LED light in the rear above the barn doors. I relocated without it changing the wiring to the ceiling. Its nice to have the light come on when you open the back door. The other lights in my camper conversion are manually turned on. The lights I use most often when camping are LED strip lights above my counter.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
LED's use less electricity. But, it ends up being not that much when batteries are the source. 13w at 120v is about what is needed to illuminate a camper. Add a few other drains and "eons" becomes 24 hours pretty fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts