Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've looked at some of the documentation posted on the forum and it's not clear to me if the US Metris has 300mm or 330mm front rotors. I can't measure them because my van is currently at the dealership.
Speaking of the dealership, they say that my rear rotors are measuring 14mm and the replacement threshold is 15mm. The AP42.10-S-4258E document that someone posted on the forum says the the rear rotors when new are 12mm and that 9mm is the replacement threshold. This is for the 447 models. So something doesn't line up.

Does anyone have any info to clarify this?

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
585 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
585 Posts
They might be used to saying some stuff to get customers to do brakes. A vast majority of people don't have any idea what the numbers mean. Depending on what kind of customer you like to be you could ask them to mic the rotors and send you a pic. I'm the kind of customer that would ask them to let me into the bay to see it myself.

If the documents are correct then we know the dealership is lying about something because the rotors are only 12mm when they are new. So if they are 14mm they are thicker than new.

·
Registered
657 Posts
There may be confusion over front to rear. The ventilated fronts are massively thicker than the rears (28mm/16" or 32mm/17" vs. 12mm rear). Either way, there is no 15mm wear threshold for any configuration, it's 25mm/16" or 28mm/17" front, or 9mm rear.

So, without being too hasty or judgmental, it sounds like somebody at the dealership is either ignorant or dishonest. See attached.

BTW, in my personal experience, we aficionados who hang around vehicle forums (fora?) often have more real life experience with things mechanical (because we had or took advantage of more opportunities) than the hopeful of upward mobility marketeers who staff most dealerships. I sincerely mean that with no disrespect. So anyway, they are usually not liars so much as unable to explain what's going on in any manner that passes the smell test for somebody who has the ability to reason beyond the impulse to buy that Patagonia Red GLA 250 with the faux "AMG line" package which I was able to crap up with options to a grand total of $54,480 using the handy mbusa.com online crapfigurator.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts