Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me information for removing the rear panels of a passenger van? I started, but it looked like one huge piece.:eek: (This is the area behind the sliding doors).
B

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anybody removed or cut these rear panels. I also am trying to create more space in the back of a passenger for some slide outs. I dont mind cutting but it would be nice to be able to just remove them. I notice air bags in the upper pillar and some speakers and 12V outlets. Is there anything else to worry about behind the panels. I would also like to remove the rear air vent. I am using the van as a toy hauler I would have bought the cargo but got a good deal on the passenger.
Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I hear are crickets...

I wish there was a video showing removal of the panels. There are just too many little fasteners in places that I wouldn't expect, that I am hesitant to try for fear of snapping something I shouldn't.
B

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
434 Posts
Has anybody removed or cut these rear panels. I also am trying to create more space in the back of a passenger for some slide outs. I dont mind cutting but it would be nice to be able to just remove them. I notice air bags in the upper pillar and some speakers and 12V outlets. Is there anything else to worry about behind the panels. I would also like to remove the rear air vent. I am using the van as a toy hauler I would have bought the cargo but got a good deal on the passenger.
Thanks
Should not be hard to remove. If you cut them I think they are around 1k each. Seems high. You can try reaching out to the upfitters that do the camper vans. I see that they trim them. If it were me and I wanted to trim I might look at salvage yards to see if I could find replacements.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would also like to learn any trick to removing the side panels.

I pulled the large panel off the lift gate. No big deal. First, I removed the two door alignment tabs from the sides of the door. Then I started pulling. I started from the bottom. A plastic pry bar at the right points get the first few snap fittings off. Up near the windows it's fastened by clips. You can see one of them from the side, where the large lower panel meets the panel covering the window post. Just pull away from the clip. Done.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mercedes seems to make these things difficult.
I also own a Sprinter and removing the rear door panels essentially means sacrificing the clips. I think I will have to just accept that I will break a few and need replacements.
The hard part is finding the part number.
B

1 - 8 of 8 Posts