Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds easy, right? I'm converting an 8-person passenger van to a work van for my carpentry. I want to keep using the single flip-forward seat, but that seat currently mounts partly to two large pins on the double seat next to it. I'm looking at taking the brackets off that double seat, but there are springs involved, and I want to know if anyone in Metrisland has done this conversion. Advice appreciated.
BTW, lovin' this van. Nice ride and performance, and double the gas mileage of my F150.
St Paul, Minnesota.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't believe those seats are designed to be split as you want to. You might be able to buy a single-seat off ebay or something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you come up with a solution? We just bought a 7-seater metris for home and shop and have concluded the ideal arrangement is for a single in the 2nd row and maybe a single in the 3rd but to order singles through the dealer is ~2k each.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you come up with a solution? We just bought a 7-seater metris for home and shop and have concluded the ideal arrangement is for a single in the 2nd row and maybe a single in the 3rd but to order singles through the dealer is ~2k each.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked with the dealer, and no bracket is available to hook the single seat to the rail instead of to the double seat.
I looked at taking apart the bracket under the double seat, but that didn't look easy. I ended up doing without any single seat in the second row. Good luck. Btw, you might keep an eye on ebay, as I saw other seats there, just not what I could use.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went through all of this, even considered having a machinist make me some brackets for that single seat, he told me it would be a nightmare. There is metrisseats.com or something like that, he sells singles, but they are a grand a piece?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts