Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Anyone have any tips on removing the lower center console bin that comes on some Passenger Van configurations? (see photo)
I like to walk in-between the front seats to get to the rear area of the van, and this center bin sitting on the floor always tangles up my feet.
[ The dual cup holder bin above it doesn't seem to be in the way. ]

I know this bin has a 12V accessory socket that I'll have to relocate, but wondering if there are other issues I'll have to deal with when taking it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry that I can't help you with your task. But your comment nicely affirms our decision NOT to get that console, for that exact reason of being able to get into the back.

·
Registered
196 Posts
well I would like to know, if anybody have tried to remove the bar that is a leftover from the partition, I will be installing swivels and I am sure that the bar will be in the way, right now is in the way to walk back but it is manageable to lift my foot over it :) Thanks for any idea...
I will post photos when I am done.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I couldn't resist the lower storage tray AND the rear heater ducts. Thought they might be handy to heat up the rig before parking on cold nights. I was nervous about rear access until I saw the pix posted here.

Here's what the storage tray, heater ducts and swivel solution I am going to plagiarize looks like.

I figured the convenience of handy power and storage while driving was a must even if I have to be a freakin' gymnast to get back there.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mine was supposed to come with the bin but didn't. The salesman agreed and then came back with one an he installed it while we waited. I think it is just held with a couple of screws and the lighter is installed in the dash, but accessed through the bin as the procedure only took a few minutes.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Nice job with the swivel seats. Did you do it yourself? Which brand did you get?
Thanks, but that wasn't my rig. They're SCOPEMA swivels. Here's the forum user's album.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I couldn't resist the lower storage tray AND the rear heater ducts. Thought they might be handy to heat up the rig before parking on cold nights. I was nervous about rear access until I saw the pix posted here.

Here's what the storage tray, heater ducts and swivel solution I am going to plagiarize looks like.

I figured the convenience of handy power and storage while driving was a must even if I have to be a freakin' gymnast to get back there.
Where can I get one of those carpets? It seems to fit well in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts