Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone removed from your passenger Metris either of the big interior panels surrounding the rear wheel arches?

I'm curious how the things are fastened, and what exactly lurks beneath the vent bulge on the left side.

Considering using a passenger van for cargo duty, but I require the full 48+ inches of width.

Links to photos would be great.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes... many times, lots of back padding on the factory panels, so you gain around 1 up to 2 inches of room once they are removed. The vent on the rear drivers side houses the fan assembly. I had pics, but I cannot locate them at this time, one word of caution, be very careful as the clips break and the panels themselves scratch easily.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here are some pics with the side panels removed. I have the enhanced air in the back as well. The blue smurf tubes are for my soon to be solar/electrical system. It helps to have some plastic pry bars to get the panels off. They're about $6 on Amazon.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some pics with the side panels removed. I have the enhanced air in the back as well. The blue smurf tubes are for my soon to be solar/electrical system. It helps to have some plastic pry bars to get the panels off. They're about $6 on Amazon.
Outstanding. I don't think I've ever seen an actual image of the HVAC guts under the panels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Jay, seems you removed the airbag panel too, hows it? Does it cause the front driver airbag problems after you removed? I'm worried this part, but seems I have to remove the airbag on the corner first in order to move another panel because it is the top one. Can I remove upper and lower panel only? And did u remove another parts such as speakers and AC? Are they easy to install them back? Hopefully u can tell me, thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes... many times, lots of back padding on the factory panels, so you gain around 1 up to 2 inches of room once they are removed. The vent on the rear drivers side houses the fan assembly. I had pics, but I cannot locate them at this time, one word of caution, be very careful as the clips break and the panels themselves scratch easily.
If the clips broke, can I buy them somewhere to replace it??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

New to the Metris forum as I am about to pull the trigger on buying a Passenger or a cargo. I go back and forth. Has anyone had issues with their airbags after removing the interior trim on a passenger van? I want to haul motorcycles and the cargo has about 3-4 more inches of floor to ceiling for the rear door opening that will make it much easier to load/ unload. Removing the rear headliner would make a huge difference and help me decide to go with the Passenger version. Does anyone have information on this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts