Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

Remote starter?

14K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  pounce 
#1 ·
Has anyone got an after market remote starter? Which one, how much?

#3 ·
I'm pretty sure the ignition immobilized prevents it. And I too am interested in why you want it. The vans blasts hot air inside of a minute of take off. I actually wear overalls and a short sleeve shirt into the van all winter long because I don't wanna do a Del Griffith taking my jacket off once that heater goes active.

#4 ·
It's always those who have the optional heating upgrade who don't see an issue with the Metris on cold days.

Remote start can have other advantages. The high idle upon starting the vehicle and immediately putting in drive...Ka-thunk! from the transmission. Remote start 30 seconds prior to entry could ease that situation.

#8 ·
It's always those who have the optional heating upgrade who don't see an issue with the Metris on cold days.

MBUSA and my dealer confirmed that the 2016 Metris w/o the heater upgrade would never warm up. I ran it for 25 minutes at 23F without a single degree rise in the heater/defroster. Worse yet, the Metris would not hold operating temperature at 60mph on the highway. Hence, ineffective defroster.

#10 ·
I do have the heating package. But it takes 10 min before the whole van is warm inside. Also hate the thunking transmission.

I found a cheap after market for other MBs which uses the panic button on the key fob (which my Metris doesn’t have). Guess if I get serious I will call Mid City, thanks!

#11 ·
I was looking for a remote starter system when I got my van last November I even ask the dealer if they could install one or recommend a place I can take the van too. They told me the van was too new so it would be difficult. Then I spoke to a friend with a sprinter and he told me to stay away from a remote starter he had a couple of them installed and with the same out come his sprinter computer had to be rested. In the end on cold days I’ll go in the van start it up with the key lock the doors then get out without pushing the unlock button taking the valet key with me and locking the van from the outside. It’s been working good that way

#21 ·
Has anyone got an after market remote starter? Which one, how much?
The warranty correct way to get your 2020 metris to remote start is to ship your vans brains back to Germany puting it out of service for up to 2months in a 3rd party US venders garage for micro electronics custom soldering
In most EU countries it's illegal to start your vehicle remotely something about pollution, safety and with such tiny US sales of metris and zero assembly lines in the states by something else..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.