Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am considering buying a Metris, the one I saw already had the pop-top and the Reimo rail system installed but not the foldable seat. Looking at the German website, they have multiple options for the seats. Which option is ideal to have the weekender gateway (no side kitchen)? wich the storage drawer and the table.

Is it something easy to install or it should be done by a professional? I live in the San Francisco bay area is there a shop that is specialized in this sort of work? How much would it cost?

Thank you for your time, I appreciate any input you may have.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
952 Posts
Hmm. Interesting. This mystery van has rails and you know them to be for Reimo seats? Curious about how that came to be. Pretty odd circumstance.

Care to share a link to the van?

Reimo let's you do a dealer search.

Keystone or Autostadt might be closest.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you pounce, was not sure I could paste a link into the forum, the Van is at the Mercedes Benz Santa Clarita Dealership in Valencia.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
952 Posts
Weird. A Getaway short the seat new at a dealer.

If you like it and the price you might ask the dealer to help you get the seat as the option. If not you can try Peace Vans to see if you can get the seat through the Driverge relationship. Stock is the question. If you can wait months then any Reimo dealer.

The seat is very heavy and not something that comes in and out. You want to have it installed at the dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi! I try to only respond if we are called out by name :)
You can order the Getaway w/out the rear seat. It's a long story why that's an option and a dealer really shouldn't unless they know what they are doing. Pounce is correct - it's actually quite a pain to install those seats and requires some calibration and knowledge. Getting a seat from inventory isn't going to happen until the fall/winter - at least from PV/Driverge. You might find another team that brings in Reimo seats that will part w/ one, but I would imagine most are dedicated to full builds and ordered 1:1 w. tops, etc.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
952 Posts
Hi! I try to only respond if we are called out by name :)
Peace Vans ...Peace Vans...Peace Vans! LOL.

Yea, weird. My guess is the vans are optioned without seats and rails and the only floor option is the Reimo floor and rails. Or maybe the vans are fitted with the floors before they hit the boat. Maybe they were short seats and offered dealers a discount? Maybe it's an ADA option.

Those rails are not much use without the seat since they aren't L-track. Wonder what they were thinking. Correct me if I am wrong, but those floors are glued down also.

This van would be perfect for someone that shows Great Danes or is a competitive biker. Gotta see the upside.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Pounce -
It's one of those stories best told over a beer. It would be a cool van for a biker, etc. who might one day want to have kids and add the seat!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts