Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Looks good. Are those ebay add-ons on the grill?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Parts.....ordered cargo side panels, from Mercedes online(much cheaper)and fully insulated behind them. Rear windows from Amazon. Wheels are staggered Road Ready. 7.5 front, and 8.5 rear. 225/45 front tires, and 245/45 rears.(may go larger) Grill, fog light trim, and two lower stainless trim bars, are from ebay. Various AMG emblems from eBay. Cut from two separate decals to do side decal. Dash additions we're the center AMG emblems(eBay), and the two trim rings on AC vents(eBay) sprayed red. Own a REAL AMG, so have tried to keep it subtle. Would go and look at it occasionally, to keep it restained, and factory looking. Definitely the hit at Home Depot, and Lowe's.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol...too funny...when I first got done playing with it....came back from a ride, and said, ****... it's so much faster...lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did install the.windows. Just a couple of hours. Alittle unnerving to cut the first hole...came out very clean

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One of my workers calls it the Shaggin Wagon.... definitely could see the price appealing to the younger crowd, for a modern, small custom van. Next project, will be the camper poptop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Window install...two things....ordered first set from seller on eBay..had the incorrect lower contour(earlier European Vito). Ordered second set from Amazon...fit perfectly. Used small drill bit, drilling every couple of inches, from the inside, played connect the dots, to make template, on the outside....much simpler. Cleaned up cut with a file, touched up edge, and installed black welting to metal edge, before gluing in windows.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Window welting....got the edging from an RV supply store, think Grainger also carries it....opened it up alittle, with a large flat blade screw driver, to ease install...install thinner side out. Rubber mallet, to install. Urethane adhesive from Napa Auto Parts. One tube, was way more than enough. Tape lower edge, to prevent from getting on exterior paint....not much surface area, on lower edge...be careful not to apply too much on lower lip. Glanced around from interior, to make sure bead was high enough...sealed perfect. 12 hour cure...used Bondo speader cut into four smaller shims, for lower edge clearance, until set....Have Fun!!!???

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Window welting....got the edging from an RV supply store, think Grainger also carries it....opened it up alittle, with a large flat blade screw driver, to ease install...install thinner side out. Rubber mallet, to install. Urethane adhesive from Napa Auto Parts. One tube, was way more than enough. Tape lower edge, to prevent from getting on exterior paint....not much surface area, on lower edge...be careful not to apply too much on lower lip. Glanced around from interior, to make sure bead was high enough...sealed perfect. 12 hour cure...used Bondo speader cut into four smaller shims, for lower edge clearance, until set....Have Fun!!!???
@Falcon could you be more specific how did you search, how much did you pay for the windows where did the windows come from, does it have heating wire, did you get that taking care of?
Thinking about doing the same ASAP, before the first snow :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Window Availability...just got the windows a week ago...went back to Amazon...looks like the seller, National Auto Glass, out of California, has sold out already. They were $160 each, with heating element. Don't see any on Amazon, now...checked eBay, don't see the ones listed, that.had the incorrect profile, but see a left and right, that are described, oem. 213.18 each, out of Lake Mary, Florida. Also, Mercedes online, has them. For about 250 each. Good luck.

·
Registered
196 Posts
National Auto Glass, 2227 Chico Ave, South El Monte, CA....626 454 5030.
@Falcon thank you a bunch for the information, I am waiting on Travois out of Canada to see what windows they will send, and also swivel seats I hope to instal it soon. The dealer price for the original back windows is $250.00 each, but hard to get, you must have the correct vin number :-( to get the part you want, so thank you again....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your welcome....btw....Mercedes said the same thing when I ordered the Cargo Interoir Panels ....Vin matching the vehicle equipment....of course I was???the....They sent a release email, to which I had to respond, that I excepted responsibility, and they sent parts.... senseless...anyway good luck, and have fun....?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts