Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I find a way to recline seat. looking for someone want to do with me together so we can save the international shipping fee.

please see the pics. my plan is to change two rear recline seat.

the cost is seat is 1000 USD each, the rail is 100 usd each, we need 4. and international shipping should be around 1500 USD if we can do it together.

I based in NYC and you can pick up.

many thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I appologize for getting off topic, but I use the bench seat in the back of my Metris as my office chair. I have a tablet mounted to the passenger seat using a mount, a MB-brand fold down table to support my keyboard, and I spend 4-8 hours on most days back here doing a job that involves picking products for a company.

Its not as comfortable as my office chair at home (that one is a Volvo 240 in blue cloth, and very comfortable) but I really have no complaints about the back seat after doing this for a few months. I don’t feel a real need for a more comfortable office chair than this at present.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
443 Posts
How do you plan to secure those rails to the floor?
Yea, I think this is not trivial for a US van. You will need to drop the tank if you need to install a 4th rail. You may not be able to easily install those tracks.

Nice looking seats though. I'd be curious to have someone try to fit them in the existing tracks to see how far they are off.

If they were cheaper....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we are a business service company.
the source is easy, I find the seats in Benz China, some people buy Vito there and they just don't need the seats. they upgrade to sofa seat.(see the pic)
but black and vinyl seat is rear to find.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
443 Posts
we are a business service company.
the source is easy, I find the seats in Benz China, some people buy Vito there and they just don't need the seats. they upgrade to sofa seat.(see the pic)
but black and vinyl seat is rear to find.
I'll take two of those, please. Black.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, it is very hard, the sofa seat is after market. and made in China, no safety certificate, there are too many issue with that, and customs problem.
if you really want, I can try to help you. You need to deal with the customs.
However, the seats I'm going to get is MB seat take off form the vito. the factory seat.

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
443 Posts
well, it is very hard, the sofa seat is after market. and made in China, no safety certificate, there are too many issue with that, and customs problem.
if you really want, I can try to help you. You need to deal with the customs.
However, the seats I'm going to get is MB seat take off form the vito. the factory seat.
I love those Vito seats. Want them to work in the US tracks somehow so I can mix and match. How much are those fancy ones?

How many Vito seats does your source have or do they generate a constant supply? I can imagine a container rate for shipping would be the best option. I'm guessing you could fit between 150 to 200 seats in a 20ft container. Maybe 2500 for shipping to LA or NY.

If you can get them to sell you 150 Vito seats under 300 each I think we can do some business.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My V class have those individual seats. Maybe when you're ready to test them on US rails you can take a trip to SC, might be cheaper to find out for sure before buying a whole container...

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
443 Posts
My V class have those individual seats. Maybe when you're ready to test them on US rails you can take a trip to SC, might be cheaper to find out for sure before buying a whole container...
Sounds like a good plan. That's a kind offer. Of course I would not throw down the money or time without a low risk plan. The width is likely the same same between rail centers. I think the following measurements are enough to identify a failure without needing a seat. I bet we could find a local US Metris owner to try a seat swap.

Center to center between rails. (side to side)
Center to center of the latching pins on the same rail (front to back)
Depth from the surface of the rail to the top of the latching pins
Diameter of the latching pins
Depth of and area measurements of the well area around the latching pins.
Width of the track channel

Do your tracks look the same as the ones in the earlier image? I thought the V class had tracks that allowed for fore/aft adjustment for the location of the seat.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no much black leatherette seat, they usually buy fabric seat and change to sofa one. for vip seat, the driver is not most important. they put leatherette seat cover on the other seats.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you have to change the rail, I put a pic one the first post, that is what it fit for vito seat. also, there is a long rail, but cost too much for shipping. over 2.5 meters long after package.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Darn, I just got back from Greenville in the Metris, could have tried it then!

P.S. On that curvy stretch of 40 between Asheville and the TN border, I was blown away at how well the Metris handled. There was nothing that could hang with me (I've done a little racing in my day, but I'm still giving the van all the credit) :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts