Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
You think they would simply wait to get the parts before sending out notifications..
I think the feds control when the communication is made. I’ve gotten recall notices from multiple manufacturers with the line about parts not available yet.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I received the notice yesterday. I have installed the RIB Scopema seat swivel from Travois on my passenger seat. No way that I can see for anything to drop into the battery compartment. I hope the fix doesn't interfere with my swivel, which I dearly love and use all the time for donning/doffing gear, eating and staring at the ocean.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My wife dropped her cell phone between the front seats last month. Fished around and finally found it on top of the battery under pax seat. I thought hmmmmm...nice to see I’m not the only one!

·
Registered
353 Posts
My wife dropped her cell phone between the front seats last month. Fished around and finally found it on top of the battery under pax seat. I thought hmmmmm...nice to see I’m not the only one!
Yikes!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I received the notice yesterday. I have installed the RIB Scopema seat swivel from Travois on my passenger seat. No way that I can see for anything to drop into the battery compartment. I hope the fix doesn't interfere with my swivel, which I dearly love and use all the time for donning/doffing gear, eating and staring at the ocean.
Here's the URL to another poster's finished product with the RIB swivel. https://www.metrisforum.com/threads/how-to-swivel-seat-adapter-installation.8106/#lg=thread-8106&slide=16

I hope the swivel solved the problem on my van. Can some post a pic of gaps in the top of the seat base?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Which 'backup battery'? The small start-stop battery?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts