Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
I received the notice yesterday. I have installed the RIB Scopema seat swivel from Travois on my passenger seat. No way that I can see for anything to drop into the battery compartment. I hope the fix doesn't interfere with my swivel, which I dearly love and use all the time for donning/doffing gear, eating and staring at the ocean.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My wife dropped her cell phone between the front seats last month. Fished around and finally found it on top of the battery under pax seat. I thought hmmmmm...nice to see I’m not the only one!

·
Registered
452 Posts
My wife dropped her cell phone between the front seats last month. Fished around and finally found it on top of the battery under pax seat. I thought hmmmmm...nice to see I’m not the only one!
Yikes!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I received the notice yesterday. I have installed the RIB Scopema seat swivel from Travois on my passenger seat. No way that I can see for anything to drop into the battery compartment. I hope the fix doesn't interfere with my swivel, which I dearly love and use all the time for donning/doffing gear, eating and staring at the ocean.
Here's the URL to another poster's finished product with the RIB swivel. https://www.metrisforum.com/threads/how-to-swivel-seat-adapter-installation.8106/#lg=thread-8106&slide=16

I hope the swivel solved the problem on my van. Can some post a pic of gaps in the top of the seat base?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Which 'backup battery'? The small start-stop battery?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Anybody else get the "parts availability" letter from MB on the seat base cover recall? I'm still worried about getting hassled by the dealer over my very grey market (more like flat out smuggled) seat swivel from Travois. The letter I got today said it was a ten minute job. I suspect they'll refuse to perform the work with the swivel installed --

·
Registered
60 Posts
Anybody else get the "parts availability" letter from MB on the seat base cover recall? I'm still worried about getting hassled by the dealer over my very grey market (more like flat out smuggled) seat swivel from Travois. The letter I got today said it was a ten minute job. I suspect they'll refuse to perform the work with the swivel installed --
Yes, I got the letter. I also have the swivel seat which I think would make this more than a ten minute job since it is probably covering that opening. I wonder if we could just get the part and decide on our own whether it is needed or will even fit for our situation? Anyone have the part number?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yes, I got the letter. I also have the swivel seat which I think would make this more than a ten minute job since it is probably covering that opening. I wonder if we could just get the part and decide on our own whether it is needed or will even fit for our situation? Anyone have the part number?
I had the very same thought -- just asking for the part (probably a one-side sticky, felt on the other side sort of membrane). Naaaaaah! Realistically, there's no way on God's green earth they'll give us the part because of "liability." (I'd happily sign a release secured by my seventh son's foreskin to get the part, but no way). So, being a dutiful slave to recall notices for fear MB will somehow use non-compliance to screw me out of all or part of my ELW, I am going to remove the SCOPEMA Rib swivel, schelp down to the dealer, then reinstall the swivel. PITA, but I gotta start scoping out set up for the B2B charger from the factory aux battery on the driver side and this will give me a chance to see both sides uncovered.

Keep the faith -- or is it keep on truckin"!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had the very same thought -- just asking for the part (probably a one-side sticky, felt on the other side sort of membrane). Naaaaaah! Realistically, there's no way on God's green earth they'll give us the part because of "liability." (I'd happily sign a release secured by my seventh son's foreskin to get the part, but no way). So, being a dutiful slave to recall notices for fear MB will somehow use non-compliance to screw me out of all or part of my ELW, I am going to remove the SCOPEMA Rib swivel, schelp down to the dealer, then reinstall the swivel. PITA, but I gotta start scoping out set up for the B2B charger from the factory aux battery on the driver side and this will give me a chance to see both sides uncovered.

Keep the faith -- or is it keep on truckin"!
Well when you get the recall done, can you share some pictures and see if there is a part number on the fix?

I don’t expect that they will give out the part but I may be willing to buy it at some point if I really need it. I could also just find some other way to cover up those battery terminals and not worry about it. It looks like my swivel seat base mostly covers up this opening right now so I don’t mind waiting and seeing on this one. Thanks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well when you get the recall done, can you share some pictures and see if there is a part number on the fix?

I don’t expect that they will give out the part but I may be willing to buy it at some point if I really need it. I could also just find some other way to cover up those battery terminals and not worry about it. It looks like my swivel seat base mostly covers up this opening right now so I don’t mind waiting and seeing on this one. Thanks.
I think it would a miracle if you could find one to buy. Seems like 80% of the Metris' parts are "unavailable."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts