Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a recall notice in the mail today for transmission carrier attachment. Nhtsa recall # 18v335 anyone else got it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Looks like it was just Vans built from March 31 to May 11 last year.....I'll have to check mine as I think it was produced in May....

·
Registered
591 Posts
Reactions: Baron

·
Registered
300 Posts
Power Train : DIESEL

We don't have diesel in the US if bought and imported from Europe but the brand is Vito over there, not Metris :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Someone checking boxes at NHSTA probably just assumed that the Metris van was a Diesel since that is what all the Sprinter vans are.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Looks like it happened at the Charleston Plant, so its only for US bound cargo vans.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Well, the someone had to work on that bolt for duration of two years and still didn't do his job right. Because of that, they (MB of America) have a recall on approx. 7000 Metrises. Somebody has to check the torque of all the bolts on the transmission carrier to make sure that the torque is correct. I am just curious what the "schmuck" cost Mercedes Benz of America for that recall and who is paying for it?

Just had my A Service done; torque on my Metris cargo 2016 was correct.

I also had my first experience on prepaid service. For a visual checkup of the van, fleece oil filter and synthetic 5w30 oil, the cost was $275.00. Well, they checked the tire pressure including the spare tire (where applicable) Preformed inspection of the brake system (but did not let me know, how much of pad I have remaining)
I would say the worst inspection of my life. I would not recommend to anybody in Denver Colorado, to use MERCEDES BENZ OF LITTLETON unless they would like to have lots of aggravation.
The dealer does not have the adequate number of technicians to work on the cars they take in. They don't even have time to call you to let you know that your car is done. To change my oil, I had to leave my car at the dealer for two days. No loner, no pick up or delivery, no wash, no vacuum, no letting you know what was done and what was not... Just an invoice with a standard write up of what should be done.
If you don't have to, do not use this dealer for anything. Just IMHO, you will save lots of your sanity.

·
Registered
258 Posts
"I would not recommend to anybody in Denver Colorado, to use MERCEDES BENZ OF LITTLETON unless they would like to have lots of aggravation. "

Maybe it is time to set up a "dealer review" thread?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I received my Recall Notice yesterday and promptly called Mercedes of Seattle to schedule the service. They could not schedule me. I was told the "Mercedes global operating system" has been down and they could not make an appointment for me. I have to call back tomorrow. The service gal also said that I "might" have to wait until the dealer gets any parts that might need replacing with the recall. Hopefully they have the parts that are needed.

I just called Mercedes of Seattle again, their "system" is still down and they cannot schedule my Recall Service check. Apparently they have to use this "system" to register the VIN number specific recall services.

·
Registered
939 Posts
At work, can confirm Mercedes Global "Best or Nothing" Information system is currently giving us nothing.

And don't worry about the cost of that recall, They'll just have the techs rectify the fault and pay us nothing in return.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is anybody able to log into to the owners-recall portion of the MB website to double-check to see if their Metris is on the list? As of Sun. 8/29/2018 no luck here. My confusion is that the MB recall letter talks only about 2017 Metris models and I thought mine is a 2016.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I received my Recall Notice yesterday and promptly called Mercedes of Seattle to schedule the service. They could not schedule me. I was told the "Mercedes global operating system" has been down and they could not make an appointment for me. I have to call back tomorrow. The service gal also said that I "might" have to wait until the dealer gets any parts that might need replacing with the recall. Hopefully they have the parts that are needed.

I just called Mercedes of Seattle again, their "system" is still down and they cannot schedule my Recall Service check. Apparently they have to use this "system" to register the VIN number specific recall services.

The letter didn’t specify about any pars just said it something has to be tightened to the right specs. If there is any parts that have to be I’ll just trade my van in for something else always have problems when it comes with having parts to be order with this van.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Checking the tightness of those bolts has got to be one of the easiest things ever. If mine was part of the recall I'd just go under the van and check it myself.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If Robb or anyone else can inform us of the FT lbs / NM to torque that would be great for us that want to do it ourselves.

·
Registered
939 Posts
TAF is the torque spec >:D
Torque till it strips, then back it off a half turn >:D>:D

Netstar is back up. I'll check when I get a chance.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Its probably around 40ft lbs. On the other MB's I've worked on usually the connection between the mount and transmission is about 30Ft/lbs and the bolts from the bracket to the mount are 40. My guess is the metris is similar. Or one could look up the specs for a CLA or C-class with the same powertrain, likely it will be the same.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I just got a wis dvd on ebay and am learning to use it so please bear with me. I "think" I found the torque that you are looking for and attempted to post it. The item with the question mark is what I am referring to.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts