Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My van is still at the dealer for the weekend -- Service A plus warranty work on rear windshield washer. The service staff added a recall to the work order as numbered above. I have no idea what it is. It is not the battery box seat pedestal cover (2020020028), and it does not appear on the MB or NHTSA recall sites.

Anybody know what 2021100013 is?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The service writer said something about software, I think. These recalls are for '21's, I think.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, Krumpe means bent or crooked.
Thanks Ice -- I tried to translate it too. The recall will remain a mystery until my van is ready. I suspect the service writer just erred.

Incidentally, the dealer gave me a C300 loaner, which amply makes up for taking 3 work days to change the oil & plugs, and "diagnose" the missing rear washer spray nozzle. The dealer has actually given me a loaner at each of my 4 contacts with them. I did neglect to ask to have my worn plugs back, but c'est la vie. I seriously doubt they would commit that level of fraud (not replacing the plugs). I did whine about having to do the plugs at 29,000 miles, but the warranty joker card got played by the service writer, so I acquiesced to the replacement. Can't hurt, right? Goes with the Service B tranny fluid change at 18,000. I'll have a very well-maintained Metris!!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Got Metris back today. Turns out the "Open Campaigns/Recall" was for real, but according to the service writer, not yet posted publicly.

"CONNECTED AN SDS AND BATTERY CHARGER AND UPDATED THE N118 FUEL SYSTEM CONTROL MODULE SOFTWARE"

Sounds a little like Rockster's issues?? Anybody want to translate?

ADDITION: First problem! (Updated with the solution for my van...)

Rockster said (Post 53, 2 months ago):

"Just heard from the service advisor. M-B said it is working on a software update/fix for the problem but it didn't expect to have it ready until late October and the SA said that was a real soft deadline."

·
Registered
2019 Passenger
1,591 Posts
They connected Star Diagnostic System to the van along with a battery charger probably to ensure the process doesn't risk failing due to power during a firmware update and then updated the software.

I think I will book an apt and have this done if needed before it's published. This is the pump controller so it sure sounds like it relates.

Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@focus805 Turns out my van needs the update. Service is slammed so I can't get in until early December. Thanks again for the heads up!
Glad to be of service - that's why we're all here. right?

·
Registered
86 Posts
VS2KRUMPE is a software update for the fuel pump to cure the issue where after driving and shutting down…then restarting the engine dies. Usually tosses a P0627 Code. Had this performed today while MB changed out…another…shorted ABS wheel sensor…👿

·
Registered
103 Posts
VS2KRUMPE is a software update for the fuel pump to cure the issue where after driving and shutting down…then restarting the engine dies. Usually tosses a P0627 Code. Had this performed today while MB changed out…another…shorted ABS wheel sensor…👿
My 2020 has been manifesting this behavior since April. Been in for this 6 times I think. Next to last time, back on October 12, the tech applied an update to the fuel pump system control unit software. No part #. No recall #. The update was quite new and maybe had not been cleared for general release. (My van might have been one of the guinea pigs.)

At any rate the update "helped" but the engine died again but different this time not immediately after a hot start but some minute or two later. The engine died in such a way I suspected a hardware problem. And this turned out to be the case. The replacement fuel pump (replaced back in April) had failed and it was replaced.

Had the van in for this Nov 1. So it has been 3+ weeks, and just over 435 miles, since and so far the engine has behaved. No engine dying issues at any time.

The only thing I can note -- not a complaint just an observation -- is I can hear the new pump when I don't recall hearing the original or first replacement pump. The noise is not that loud and does not bother me.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What is the problem with the fuel level gauge? The one in my van seems to reflect reality. With the needle at the half tank mark -- I seldom let it go below that -- the tank accepts around 9 gallons which is about half the stated capacity of 18.5 gallons.
Ditto -- I was worried about the accuracy of the low fuel level warning (after reading posts here a while back), but so far I have found the gauge and warning to be accurate and relatively precise.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just got the low fuel light. Indicated range was 93 miles until empty. Indicator on gauge was above 1/8 of a tank which should be an easy 45 miles. I doubt I’d get 30 before running out. My rule is when beeped, get fuel asap.

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts
I have been under the impression that the Metris gives an early low fuel warning, dropping below 1/4 before the last 1/8 visually; before some other vehicles which may indicate empty closer towards the bottom, or even after that final 1/8. But, I figured that may me the new MB ( or EU ) way, just like they reinterpreted the traditional temp level gauge whwre horizontal level is not perfect temp, it is above that because they added the hot section further up ... and the red is hard to see at times ... leading to everybody thinking their vehicle is running hot.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ditto -- I was worried about the accuracy of the low fuel level warning (after reading posts here a while back), but so far I have found the gauge and warning to be accurate and relatively precise.
My SOP is I fuel up the van when the fuel level gets to 1/2 tank. On the highway I might run the level lower closer to 1/4 tank but so far I've not run the level to 1/4 tank and certainly I won't run it low enough to trigger the low fuel warning light.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts