Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We use our metris for family trips with four people, a big dog, and lots of sporting toys. We are currently using the 2-0-3 seat configuration and we would like to improve it in two ways. We'd like to be able to slide the 3 position rear seat to modify the rear leg room and cargo room based on what we're bringing with us, and we'd like a nicer rear seat option that reclines at least a bit and maybe has a center drop down arm rest in the middle. I have heard I can unbolt the 3 metris rails that have fixed positions and replace them with v class rails that allow sliding of the single rear bench we would use. I'd do that if I could then buy a more comfortable rear bench and have the flexible 4-5 passenger road warrior I want. Two questions: (1) will the rail replacement work? (2) is there source for a good v class or other rear bench seat that will work with the rails? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I think I smell a rat. If my nose is mistaken, I apologize. In anycase, the seats you can buy are NOT V-class stuff, they are Vito Tourer units. They do recline and fold, and with the replacement rails, they can also slide around. The captains chairs and luxury power captains chairs available for the V-class do not work on the Metris without a fairly complicated installation of a fourth rail, and the power ones do not work at all because the Metris is not wired for power seats.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think I smell a rat. If my nose is mistaken, I apologize. In anycase, the seats you can buy are NOT V-class stuff, they are Vito Tourer units. They do recline and fold, and with the replacement rails, they can also slide around. The captains chairs and luxury power captains chairs available for the V-class do not work on the Metris without a fairly complicated installation of a fourth rail, and the power ones do not work at all because the Metris is not wired for power seats.
Agree this is a dishonest post JM2715

·
Registered
8 Posts
We use our metris for family trips with four people, a big dog, and lots of sporting toys. We are currently using the 2-0-3 seat configuration and we would like to improve it in two ways. We'd like to be able to slide the 3 position rear seat to modify the rear leg room and cargo room based on what we're bringing with us, and we'd like a nicer rear seat option that reclines at least a bit and maybe has a center drop down arm rest in the middle. I have heard I can unbolt the 3 metris rails that have fixed positions and replace them with v class rails that allow sliding of the single rear bench we would use. I'd do that if I could then buy a more comfortable rear bench and have the flexible 4-5 passenger road warrior I want. Two questions: (1) will the rail replacement work? (2) is there source for a good v class or other rear bench seat that will work with the rails? Thanks in advance!
I literally just did this mod recently with the same intentions as you. We’re currently running this same configuration, and wanted the flexibility and comfort that you are looking for. I use my van for work hauling products mon-fri and weekend load up family and one dog to visit my Mom almost every weekend. I did a how-to write up on the install process. Figured I’d do it for everyone asking since I found the swivel seat write up so useful. Made the install process a breeze after reading it through a few times prior to the parts arriving. Hoping my write up does the same for others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you slide around the seats that come in the 2016 Passenger Van if you swap out to the replacement rails? I like my existing bench seat, but would like to be able to slide it forward to accommodate a bed when camping.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Can you slide around the seats that come in the 2016 Passenger Van if you swap out to the replacement rails? I like my existing bench seat, but would like to be able to slide it forward to accommodate a bed when camping.
Right, the existing bench does not activate the sliders. I have the sliding rails and modified two of the sliders so that I could lock and unlock them with a hand knob for the stock two person bench. So that is one option.

I am able to set up a bed behind the slid forward bench when camping. I wouldn’t mind having the fold forward bench as an option too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts