Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Van upfitters are putting after market opening windows now. There are probably more options for the Sprinter, but I had the sliding 1'x3' windows in the back panel of my cargo Metris.

·
Administrator
197 Posts
Hey Merleandsarah - I've moved your thread over to the appropriate section where it'll garner more exposure from the right viewers. Please post in the Forum Information, Help, and Bug Reports if you come across any technical issues on the site itself. All other inquiries regarding your vehicle - do your best to post in the most relevant section that corresponds to the nature of your question/post. :)

Thank you for your understanding and let us know if you need any help with your account. Enjoy the site!

Cheers,
Natalie

·
Registered
81 Posts
Half-Slider source for Metris

Like many I have been looking for a source that could provide a window for the Metris slider door that had an opening function (half-slider). I've come across these windows that look promising. https://www.vanwindowsdirect.com/co...indow-mercedes-benz-metris-van-passenger-side

Also this same window is being offered by an eBay seller for $699. I've seen photos of this type of half-slider window in Marco Polo version vans. Before committing I would like to research a little further and will contact the seller for additional info. Has anyone actually seen an opening window of this type and if so what was the impression regarding quality and function? The window is described as "AMA Side Sliding Door Half-Slider Window Mercedes-Benz Metris Van - Passenger Side". I'm not sure if AMA is the glass manufacture/vendor, or a type of Glass. Any insight would be appreciated. Reluctant to install a window not knowing if the design is prone to water or wind leaks over time. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks Genisis
Your feedback was helpful and your vehicle photos look great. Kind of wish the tint level was consistent on the half-slider but I will probably go ahead and place an order for one of these windows regardless. Do you have any advise, (or interior photo), on how the inside perimeter of the window frame (sliding door) is finished? I am sure I can come up with a credible solution but If there is an available trim package from Mercedes, or otherwise, that would be preferred.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You may want to check out Motion Windows. They have a functional window available for the Metris sliding door. I had one installed on my previous vehicle, a Ram Promaster, and it is a very nice window. I just checked the website and didn't see the Metris window listed, but it is available.

·
Registered
69 Posts
We just ordered the door windmow and two sliding windows (12 by 36) from Motion Windows.
The door window is curved for th Metris.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can take a few pictures from the inside, we build special panel which then we install a sliding bug, sunshade. The tint is the same as factory tint. If you are in the USA, if you pm, I can give to the contact info for the company that sells them.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have Motion windows installed on my cargo van. They are certainly smaller and are clearly after market windows compared to the AMA windows. And half the price. They are well made windows with a "T-slider" and screen on the lower part.

They re not listed on the Motion web site- you need to call and ask about them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts