Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear door doesn?t lock with the key fob and I can?t see any way to lock it manually. Also, when I lock the van with the key fob, it only locks the 2 front doors. Has anyone experienced this or know how to fix it? Thanks!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Have you checked to see if rear door is being obstructed in any way? I remember a small slither of 1/2" styroboard insulation got in between the lower door seal and bumper... door would close visually but that little bugger kept the door from locking. just a something to check out.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi Chuck, like you, I was having a problem where only the two front doors locked; the sliding passenger side door and rear doors did not lock. Like MOWO, I discovered the rear door wasn't completely closed, even though it visually looked fine.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I, too, need to have the dealer adjust my rear hatch door. It locks properly only if I push it at the licence plate. These doors must have tight tolerances.
B

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have noticed on mine that if I lock it with the keyfob while the hatch or one of the sliding doors is opened, it only locks the front doors evenafter closing all the opened doors. It's annoying. Everyother car I have owned if the driver door is closed and anyother is open, you can push the lock button on the remote/key fob and once you shut the remaining doors everything is locked.

I don't know if that may be the case with you...

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Mercedes has always been very very cautious about locking keys in the car. Even way back in the 70s they had a mechanism that prevented you from locking the drivers door if it wasn’t shut- couldn’t push down the plunger, couldn’t lock it with the key. I assume that’s a related concept.

As last my as I remember, they have also been immune to slim Jim’s

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mercedes has always been very very cautious about locking keys in the car. Even way back in the 70s they had a mechanism that prevented you from locking the drivers door if it wasn’t shut- couldn’t push down the plunger, couldn’t lock it with the key. I assume that’s a related concept.

As last my as I remember, they have also been immune to slim Jim’s
I see waht you're saying, but both my C wagos and may GLK if the driver's door was closed and any or every other were open I was able to lock them all. one they were closed.

Now I just doebe lock it tomake sure

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
The reason is the GLK has a proximity key, and will know the key is inside the car, and won’t lock, or will know it isn’t and will lock.

The Metris doesn’t. That being said, I am paranoid about locking my car- pressing the lock button is part of my night time ritual, along with locking both deadbolts and door locks on both the outside and vestibule, and mudroom doors, and setting my alarm and cameras. (I don’t live in a great neighborhood and one of my nextdoor neighbors hates me- not sure why, we keep to ourselves- hence the rather heavy security.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts