Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to align the rear wipers on the rear dual door? They work but as you can see in the pic the one is off center. Hate to pay for a repair that I imagine is an easy fix.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not MB, but based on other vehicles, where I have run into oddly positioned wiper arms ( even ones banging into one another ) I would expect there to be a small cap you can lift up to expose a hex nut, loosen the nut, lift off the wiper arm, reposition one or two ticks, fasten back down.

On one vehicle that was poorly assembled, where a wiper was misbehaving, I ended up needing a new wiper arm, as the V grooves on the arm socket which should lock into to the V grooves on the motor arm part, were grinded smooth.

·
Registered
397 Posts
There is indeed a nut you can loosen and pull the wiper arm off the splined shaft, re-align, then re-install/torque the nut to lock it back in place. As mentioned above if its crooked from damage to the splines on one side or the other you'd need a new arm and/or motor assembly to fix the issue.....or you could add epoxy, but then it ain't coming off again without a grinder....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts