Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Fellow Metris-ers. (Hmm... this greeting worked better with Sprinter...)

I'm wondering if anyone could confirm the specification for the Metris real differential oil.

It looks to be a usual drain on the bottom and fill on the side, yet I cannot find a link/spec to the oil. I prefer to find the answer/parts number before I call or visit the dealer, given that whoever is on the phone is likely not a technician themselves and often sound less than excited, or knowledgeable on answering the parts/spec question.

I found an OEM one on the following link

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Mercedes-Differential-Transfer-Lubricant/dp/B00D03Z2XY/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=mercedes+differential+oil&qid=1552095433&s=gateway&sr=8-1[/ame]

but it seems that year model on the compatible vehicles list ends around 2002. I remember transmission oil being greenish updated one on the Metris, so I wouldn't trust this to be up-to-date. Can anyone confirm or provide MBZ approval code/weight for (2016)Metris? (And also the oil capacity of the read diff would be helpful.)

I'll post a quick write up once I get the right oil.

Thank you!

P.S. The oil on the link above is pretty darn expensive when compared to Liqui-Moly, Ravenol etc. I would be happy to go ahead with either if I can find out the MBZ approval code.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think it's 235.7 but it is in the owners manual so you should confirm it. Bevo lists the approved fluids and I think that I bought Fuchs Sintopoid fe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The owner's manual says 235.7. I ordered Fuchs gear oil that meets 235.7 spec. Although the manual doesn't say anything on the capacity, I imagine it'd be between 1 and 2 quarts... ordered 2.

Will post update next week!

·
Registered
228 Posts
The owner's manual says 235.7. I ordered Fuchs gear oil that meets 235.7 spec. Although the manual doesn't say anything on the capacity, I imagine it'd be between 1 and 2 quarts... ordered 2.

Will post update next week!
Just wondering if you completed this task yet. I'm assuming 2 quarts or a little less. Also, which weight did you go with? Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't got to do it yet, I got Fuchs 75w-85, 2qts.

Oh boy... maybe I'll get to it on the weekends...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts